none
Setting up Always on(SQL 2012 High Availability group)

Question

• I have two different single node clustered SQL Servers(SQL1 and SQL2). The SQL Server 2012 has been installed in those two servers. Now I want to set up Always on for one of the database. How do I set it up. Please send me a good article which I can refer to in doing this.

Thanks.

sqldev

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:10 PM

Answers

• can you check the below one-

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/database-administration/sql-server-2012-alwayson/

Thanks, Rama Udaya.K "“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ― Mae West". ---------------------------------------- Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and UN-mark them if they provide no help,Vote if they gives you information.

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:55 PM
  • Hi there,

you need to create a windows cluster first with SQL1 and SQL2  as participent nodes.

you are required 2003 or 2008 windows enterprise editions for your nodes.

or you can use windows 2012 standard edition for your SQL1 and SQL2 to create cluster.

and then install either standard alone instances or failover instancess of your choice on nodes will allow you to enable always on feature.

goodluck.

kumar

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:21 PM

All replies

• Have you install Windows Clustering contain those two nodes?

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Blog: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    MS SQL Consultants: Improves MS SQL Database Performance

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:13 PM
  • Windows clustering is installed in those two servers. And they are separate single node clusters.

sqldev

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:40 PM
  • can you check the below one-

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/database-administration/sql-server-2012-alwayson/

Thanks, Rama Udaya.K "“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ― Mae West". ---------------------------------------- Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and UN-mark them if they provide no help,Vote if they gives you information.

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:55 PM
  • You did it wrong, they should both be in the same cluster.

David A. Bermingham, MVP, Senior Technical Evangelist, SIOS Technology Corp

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:41 PM
  • Hi there,

you need to create a windows cluster first with SQL1 and SQL2  as participent nodes.

you are required 2003 or 2008 windows enterprise editions for your nodes.

or you can use windows 2012 standard edition for your SQL1 and SQL2 to create cluster.

and then install either standard alone instances or failover instancess of your choice on nodes will allow you to enable always on feature.

goodluck.

kumar

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:21 PM