none
Size of the cube

Question

• Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how can I get the size of my cube. I need to check out the disk space occupied by the cube.

Thanks
    Monday, June 26, 2006 4:28 PM

Answers

• You can sum all the EstimatedSize values (bytes) for the MeasureGroups of a Cube (they are estimated because for ROLAP they don't include the size of the tables in the relational database).

Adrian Dumitrascu

Monday, June 26, 2006 6:25 PM

All replies

• You can sum all the EstimatedSize values (bytes) for the MeasureGroups of a Cube (they are estimated because for ROLAP they don't include the size of the tables in the relational database).

Adrian Dumitrascu

Monday, June 26, 2006 6:25 PM
  • Hi,

I have already processed my cube and I need to know size occupied by cube on disk. Its  MOLAP cube. Does Metadata tab in Analysis manager shows proper cube size or do I need to do anything else

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 8:34 AM
  • Right click on your cube (in SqlServer Management Studio), and check properties.

Check StorageLocation property to see in which directory your cube is being processed.

Check your partitions' storage locations as well, just like you did with the cube (they might be in different directories).

Finally, open Windows Explorer is those directories, and sum all their sizes. This will give you actual disk space taken by that cube.

Final note: sometimes during processing, several temp files are created, and SSAS works on a duplicate of the cube, before droping it. So, check its size only after processing has been complete.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 8:54 AM