none
Oracle to SSIS data import problem

Question

• Hi,

I am having difficulty connecting an ole db connection to an oracle view.  When i select the View i get the following error

The output column "assignable" (3219) on the non-error output has no corresponding output column on the error output.

i have gone into the advances editor and changes the setting but  i get the following error

Error at DIS_ASSIGN_NONASSIGN [OLE DB Source [2969]]: The data type for "output "OLE DB Source Error Output" (2980)" cannot be modified in the error "output column "ErrorCode" (2981)".

Error at DIS_ASSIGN_NONASSIGN [OLE DB Source [2969]]: Failed to set property "DataType" on "output column "ErrorCode" (2981)".

I have tried everthing i know to get this data in.

Josie

Monday, November 03, 2008 5:46 PM

All replies

• Try creating a new column on the error output not using the ErrorCode column as that is a system column and cannot be changed.

Matt

Monday, November 03, 2008 7:35 PM
  • I Have tried to cast the column in the sql command window.  When i try to preview it i get ORA-00905: missing key word

below is my code

SELECT     SITE, BUILDING, FLOOR, ROOM,
                       CAST (ASSIGNABLE AS DECIMAL(10, 4)) AS ASSIGNABLE ,  CAST (NON_ASSIGNABLE AS DECIMAL(10, 4)) AS NON_ASSIGNABLE
    FROM         FAMIS.DIS_ASSIGN_NONASSIGN

Monday, November 03, 2008 8:27 PM
  •  

Hi - I had the same error - I deleted the OLE DEB Source, and added it again - problem went away.

Bob

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:14 PM