none
Migrating Database From SQL Server 2008 R2 Express To SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition

Question

• Hi SQLServer's Marter.

I'm newbies on this, I need you help... I have that migrate an old database database FROM SQL 2008R2 Express Edition TO SQL 2008R2 Standard Edition. There are 3 basic approaches that I can think of.

Take backup & restore on new server
    Detach and Attach database file
    Create empty database structure, and then pump data from old database to new one with SSIS

Or maybe there is some aplication or tool to help me make this migration smooth and be clean?

Thanks a Million Friends.

am//

am// SDQ
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For moving data from the same version of SQL Servers ,the easy ways are 'Take backup & restore on new server' and 'Detach and Attach database file'.

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, August 01, 2011 1:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For moving data from the same version of SQL Servers ,the easy ways are 'Take backup & restore on new server' and 'Detach and Attach database file'.

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, August 01, 2011 1:42 AM
  • Ok Thanks, But my database is a SQL Server 2008 R2 Express and I need move to SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition, I dont have problem with procedure ?
    am// SDQ
    Thursday, August 04, 2011 12:57 PM
  • Ok Thanks, But my database is a SQL Server 2008 R2 Express and I need move to SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition, I dont have problem with procedure ?
    am// SDQ
    No problem! Please go ahead .
    Best Regards,
    Peja

Thursday, August 04, 2011 1:03 PM