none
table or column name not showing in rare cases

Question

• Hi,

I am using sql server 2000. I have a procedure which selects a particular column and this is working fine normally. But this sp is suddenly failed for 10 minutes and gives wierd error messages while executing during those 10 mins

'The column does not exists in the table'

And once again if when the procedure was executed it gave below error message

'The table name does not exists'

Those messages were retrieved from the log file. And after 10 minutes everything was back to normal and the stored procedure was working fine. My questions are

What happened in that for 10 minutes?
     Was that table locked or corrupted?
     How can this issue be avoided in future?
     Is there any more information you need to resolve this issue? if so please let me know?

Thanks,
    Rakesh.

Please mark as helpful and propose as answer if you find this as correct!!! Thanks, Rakesh.

Friday, April 05, 2013 10:56 AM

All replies

• can you post your procedure?

Thanks, Andrew

Friday, April 05, 2013 11:01 AM
  • Do u have temp tables used in the procedure?

Column mentioned in the error message is a Physical or temp table in any?

Thanks Sarat --Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if the post was useful.

Friday, April 05, 2013 11:14 AM
  • It is a very simple procedure. The table is a physical table with lots of data. the query used in the procedure is like

SELECT COLUMNNAME FROM TABLENAME WHERE COLUMN2 = 'test' or COLUMN3 = 'test'

There is no complex queries involved. Just some straight forward select statements.

Please mark as helpful and propose as answer if you find this as correct!!! Thanks, Rakesh.

Friday, April 05, 2013 11:21 AM
  • Is there any index rebuild operations are going on the particular time?

Please vote if you find this posting was helpful or Mark it as answered.

Friday, April 05, 2013 11:30 AM
  • Not sure about that, if index rebuilding is going on is there any chance for getting that error?

Friday, April 05, 2013 11:35 AM