none
Release candidate of SSDT?

Answers

• SSDT CTP4 EN-US is now available for download! Please see this blog post for more information.

Visit our "Get It" page here for download details.

Thanks for your patience while we finalized this release.

Adam

Adam Mahood
    • Marked as answer by SlavoF Monday, November 21, 2011 12:36 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 9:12 AM

All replies

• The installer says you should use the Web Platform Installer, which still only has CTP3.  Hopefully soon...

Friday, November 18, 2011 12:10 AM
  • I'm in the process of installing RC0 and there is an option to install 'SQL Server Data Tools'; not sure if this means they have been integrated?

Friday, November 18, 2011 2:06 AM
  • False alarm - what that option does is install the SQL Server project type, but when you try and create a project with it, it sends you off to the Web Install Platform ... which is still CTP3, as mentioned above.

:-(

Friday, November 18, 2011 3:17 AM
  • The SSDT bits should be available for consumption tomorrow, we ran in to some last moment propagation hurdles.

I will update this thread when the bits are there, sorry for the trouble.

-GertD

Friday, November 18, 2011 6:18 AM
  • Per Gert's comments above, please see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ssdt/archive/2011/11/18/sql-server-data-tools-ctp4-ssdt-for-sql-server-2012-rc0.aspx for more information.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Mahood
    Friday, November 18, 2011 4:59 PM
  • So, how things are now? Can anyone confirm if is this in the place now?

thanks,

Slavo.

Monday, November 21, 2011 8:02 AM
  • SSDT CTP4 EN-US is now available for download! Please see this blog post for more information.

Visit our "Get It" page here for download details.

Thanks for your patience while we finalized this release.

Adam

Adam Mahood
    • Marked as answer by SlavoF Monday, November 21, 2011 12:36 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 9:12 AM
  • Yay - SQLCMD is back, offline installation ... curious as to why you changed SQLX.exe to SQLPACKAGE.exe though?  I've got to go change all my deployment scripts now :-)

--DJ

Monday, November 21, 2011 2:14 PM
  • Excited to try out the new .dacpac based database references—they sound like a much better solution to my problems than I was using before.

I did run into a problem with the installer: installing KB2544514 failed with a none-too-helpful error message.  I uninstalled SQL Server CTP3 which I still had installed, as well as the .NET Framework 4.5 bits I wasn't using; one of these caused the installation to proceed successfully.

Monday, November 21, 2011 2:37 PM