none
Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070569)

Question

• I am using SSRS 2005.  I have created a report using BIDS and I can open and view the report just fine in BIDS.  However, when I deploy the report to the SSRS repository and attempt to View the report, I get the error "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070569)".

I have checked the following:  the service account is Local Service and this has been assigned "Allow Logon Locally" rights.  The Network Service is also used via the Config and this also has Allow Logon Locally rights.

I have also tried giving the Data Source used by the Report local SQL account credentials, with the SQL account having RSExec Role given to the Report Server and Owner rights to the Database used for the source.

This is also the first time I've run SSRS on the same server as a full MOSS 07 install.  SSRS is NOT in SP Integrated mode, but the port number for the server has been changed (8090). 

The only thing I can think of is that the Database used for the Datasource was made while logged on as the Administrator.  As a result, the owner is listed as the Admininstrator, but the "User" property of the DB is listed as "dbo".  In the past this has been a problem but I can't find how to change this value from "dbo" to another account.

Any help is appreciated.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 7:36 PM

Answers

• Never mind, figured it out.  For some reason as part of setting up SharePoint (I had not used SSRS until now), I set the Execution Account in SSRS Configuration Manager.  I usually don't in the past so I didn't know what affect it would have.  Just removing it fixed the problem. 

The notes for the Execution Account say that "some functionality may be lost" if it is not set.   What the heck is this used for, anyway?
    • Marked as answer by sdfsda Friday, June 11, 2010 10:18 AM
    Friday, June 11, 2010 10:18 AM

All replies

• Update - Configuration Info:

1 - Reporting Services service Logon = Local System Account (same for main SQL service logon)

2 - From Configuration Manager:

a - Windows Service Identity = Build-in Account (Local System)

b - Web Service Identity = NT Authority\NetworkService

c - Database Connection = Service Credentials (I also tried a SQL permission)

d - Execution Account = AD account used during SharePoint setup (moss07training\spservice)

3 - From SQL Manager

a - ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB: User and Default Schema = "dbo"

b - Local Administrator is set to db_owner for both ReportServer DBs and the relevant DB being used for DataSource

c - Reporting Services Properties does have local Administrator added as System Administrator

d - The Data Sources are running under Windows Integrated Security, but I have tried the other options.

Anything missing to try to see what is going on?

Thursday, June 10, 2010 11:45 PM
  • Hi,

Go to IIS and open the "Default sites" properties to enable the Anonymous account access to see if it helps. If it doesn't help, try to delete the Account in the Execution account. If this doesn't still help, look into the report services log file to see the detailed information and post them here.

thanks,
    Jerry

Friday, June 11, 2010 6:48 AM
  • Never mind, figured it out.  For some reason as part of setting up SharePoint (I had not used SSRS until now), I set the Execution Account in SSRS Configuration Manager.  I usually don't in the past so I didn't know what affect it would have.  Just removing it fixed the problem. 

The notes for the Execution Account say that "some functionality may be lost" if it is not set.   What the heck is this used for, anyway?
    • Marked as answer by sdfsda Friday, June 11, 2010 10:18 AM
    Friday, June 11, 2010 10:18 AM