none
Force Toggle Item to display only one Column Group. Expand one Group, Collapse Others.

Question

• Can I force SSRS 2012 to display only one of my column groups?  In the image below you can see that I toggle the visibility of my Sub-Groups.  However, this allows the report to consume too much horizontal real estate.  I would like the report to toggle on an expression that will collapse all other Sub-Groups when one Sub-Group (+) is expanded.  Only one Column Sub-Group is visible at one time.  Appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.

Mario

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Mario,

From your description, you want the sub items to be expanded one item each the time you click the (+) icon, and all the expanded items collapse when you click the (-) icon, right? To toggle report items, the expand property and collapse property is balanced, if all the items can be collapsed by an item, then they must be expanded by that item. So I am afraid this cannot be achieved in Reporting Services currently.

Reference: Add a Visibility Toggle to an Item (Reporting Services)

If I have anything misunderstood, please point it out.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.  

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:26 AM
  • No, that is not the behavior I am looking for.  In the example, above I have 2 Sub-Groups Displayed.  I want only one group to display at any given time.  It is appropriate that all of the items (light-blue columns) in one group are visible.  I just want to click one (+) and have that close [Automatically click any other open Group or (-)].  There can only be one Column Sub-Group (light-blue colums) visible at once--not 2 Sub-Groups (of light-blue columns) visible as shown in the graphic above.

Thanks for the reply. 

Mario

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:02 PM