none
SQL Server 2005 Express Error 262

Question

• I downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express and attempted to create a database via SQL Server Management Studio and I keep getting the same error. CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'. MS SQL server error 262. I had no errors when downloading and installing.

MY OS is Windows Professional but I am running SQL Server in an X86 OS.

Hendry
    Saturday, August 06, 2011 10:29 PM

Answers

• Create a login with the account with which you are logging your laptop and follow the steps mention earlier.

On the other note you can also try to open the Sql server management studio as an adminstrator.Right click on SQL server management studio and  "Run as administrator".And try creating Database.Try this one 1st if it doestn't work then try create login as mentioned earlier and provide sysadmin role.

Pleae confirm if this help you to solve the problem.

• Marked as answer by HendryRae Sunday, August 07, 2011 4:44 PM
    Sunday, August 07, 2011 3:59 PM

All replies

• Does your login have enough permissions for creating database?What is the server role that you are having?

To add a Windows user that has the login "machinename\Administrator" to the sysadmin fixed server role
    Log on to the computer using the credentials for the machinename\Administrator account.

Click the Start button, point to All Programs, click Microsoft SQL Server, and then click SQL Server Management Studio.

Connect to an instance of SQL Server.

Click Security, right-click Logins, and then click New Login.

In the Login name box, enter the user name.

In the Select a page pane, click Server Roles, select the sysadmin check box, and then click OK.

• Proposed as answer by ManoharPunna Sunday, August 07, 2011 8:35 AM
    Sunday, August 07, 2011 2:07 AM
  • How do I create a machinename\Administrator login? Is this a SQL Server action? All I have is a password for accessing my laptop.
    Hendry
    Sunday, August 07, 2011 1:44 PM
  • Create a login with the account with which you are logging your laptop and follow the steps mention earlier.

On the other note you can also try to open the Sql server management studio as an adminstrator.Right click on SQL server management studio and  "Run as administrator".And try creating Database.Try this one 1st if it doestn't work then try create login as mentioned earlier and provide sysadmin role.

Pleae confirm if this help you to solve the problem.

• Marked as answer by HendryRae Sunday, August 07, 2011 4:44 PM
    Sunday, August 07, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Thank you. I opened SQL Server Management as administrator and I am able to create a database and tables.

Regards

George

Hendry
    Sunday, August 07, 2011 4:44 PM