none
64 bit Microsoft ACE OLEDB drivers for Office 2010

Question

• Hi All,

I noticed today that Microsoft released Office 2010 late last month.  I also noticed that the 64 bit Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.14.0 beta download page has gone.  Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.14.0 is the 64bit OLEDB driver for office files such as Access, Excel and csv text files.  I'm wondering if anyone knows if there has been a production release of  Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.14.0 ?

I want to use  Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.14.0 in OPENROWSET query from a 64 bit instance of SQL Server.

Adrian.

Friday, May 07, 2010 4:42 AM

All replies

• Hi, im also very interessted!

i need a working x64 odbc driver for acces.

here i have a MS SQL 2008 Standard Edition Server and i need to create a new connection Server to conenct a Access Database.

I checked the (normal x64) ODBC Admin, in the UserDataSources there is shown a "dBASE Files" Driver for Access, but when i try to configure that, i will get an error message... (The Setup-rotine for the Microsoft Access dBASE Driver (*.dbf, *.ndx, *.mdx) ODBC-Driver could not be found. Reinstall the Driver) after klick ok.. next error: (Error found: The DSN use a not compatible architektur from Driver and Application)

Also when i try to add a new DSN the Driver is not shown there...

I read already that there is no X64 Driver (which i need to connect from a x64 SQL Server) availible yet.

Is it still so? or any workaround?

Thanks...

Friday, May 07, 2010 3:00 PM
  • Hi All,

I noticed today that Microsoft released Office 2010 late last month.  I also noticed that the 64 bit Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.14.0 beta download page has gone.  Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.14.0 is the 64bit OLEDB driver for office files such as Access, Excel and csv text files.  I'm wondering if anyone knows if there has been a production release of  Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.14.0 ?

I want to use  Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.14.0 in OPENROWSET query from a 64 bit instance of SQL Server.

Adrian.

Yes, download link is gone for ACE 14 beta

>>I want to use  Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.14.0 in OPENROWSET query from a 64 bit instance of SQL Server.

If you are on office 2007 then use Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C06B8369-60DD-4B64-A44B-84B371EDE16D&displaylang=en

Friday, May 07, 2010 3:29 PM
  • A little update,

I down loaded Office 2010 yesterday from the MAPS site.  After installing the 64 bit version I can access text, access and excel files through an openrowset query in SQL Server 64 bit edition. BUT, it appears that microsoft have not fixed the bug in which the driver name MICROSOFT.ACE.OLEDB.14.0 does not work, you have to specify the old office 2007 driver name MICROSOFT.ACE.OLEDB.12.0.  with this name specified it works... sort of....

My application updates several tables simultaneously using multiple threads, each thread makes it's own connection to SQL server and then runs an openrowset tsql statement to insert data from the source file into various tables.  If I limit this activity to one thread then it seems to work fine both in 64 and 32 bit instances of SQL Server, however, if I run several in parrallel then the provider throws an "unexpected catestrophic error".

I'm working on a simple application to replicate this behaviour so I can report it to Microsoft... does anyone know where the best place is to report such a thing? 

Friday, May 07, 2010 7:55 PM
  • >>I'm working on a simple application to replicate this behaviour so I can report it to Microsoft... does anyone know where the best place is to report such a thing? 

You can report bug at
    https://connect.microsoft.com/?wa=wsignin1.0

Friday, May 07, 2010 7:57 PM