none
Process Analysis services 2000 cubes from SSIS package

Question

•  

Is there any way to process the AS2000 Cubes from SSIS package.I guess Analysis Services Processing task and AS Execute DDL Task only supports AS 2005 objects.

Hope to get some workaround..

Thanks in advance.

Sunny
    Sunny
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:32 PM

All replies

• Is it feasible in your case to create a DTS (2000) package that processes AS 2000 cube and use execute DTS 2000 Package task in SSIS to process AS 2000 cube?
    ..hegde
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:51 AM
  • You cannot directly process an OLAP 2000 database from SSIS like we can with DTS on SQL Server 2000. However if you install the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer Components on your SQL Server 2005 instance you can import a DTS package file and modify it if you wish. This package can be executed with dtsexec. This can be called from a batch files, job steps and also probably from SSIS packages.
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:03 PM
  •  Thanks for you replies.

We are already using DTS to execute AS 2000 Cubes.AS you mentioned,Will it be of any benefit if i use dts process task in SSIS package to process cubes?
    Sunny
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:10 PM
  • If you are using SSIS package for data extraction, loading DW etc and want to have a single main package that refreshes the entire system (Extract, transformation, loading, processing cube, maintenance tasks etc) then it would be useful for integration purpose only)
    ..hegde
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:32 PM
  •  Thanks!!

I will check if it works out.
    Sunny
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:03 PM
  • what kind of benefits you are trying to get by executing DTS Package using SSIS overall purpose is loading and refreshing the cubes?

Dibyant S U padhyay
    Friday, February 27, 2009 3:12 AM
  • Hi,
    I use for it the DSO direct from Scripting Task.
    Does this make a sense for you?

Friday, February 27, 2009 6:21 PM
  • Hi,

Not very sure on DSO direct used in scripting Task..If you have any link on the same or any other approach it would be beneficial.

Thanks

Sunny
    Friday, February 27, 2009 6:29 PM