none
Can cube name be used as parameter?

Question

• Hi,

I want to create a report where the MDX query is based on an OLAP cube.

I have a cube for each account and each account has a specific user to login with.

I want to be able to create one report for all the users but in a way that the cube and measures will be changed by the user logged in.

Is that even possible??

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 11:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Create Dataset with one known cube name. This results in defining fields. Then change the dataset query to expression which should get the dynamically built MDX from code. The key to working is all axis names should match in all cubes. You may face issues, if there are other parameters source is also from cube. 

Regards

Srini

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:23 PM
  • Hello,

Yes.You can try to create all reports which retireve data from cubs you need, and then add these report as subreport in a main report. If you want to display the subreports based on user login, you can sepcify the visibility of subreport based on user login.

For more information, please see:Subreports

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 04, 2013 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Create Dataset with one known cube name. This results in defining fields. Then change the dataset query to expression which should get the dynamically built MDX from code. The key to working is all axis names should match in all cubes. You may face issues, if there are other parameters source is also from cube. 

Regards

Srini

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:23 PM
  • Yes, i do have issues because the relevant measure names are different in every cube... So I think it's better to have a number of reports where each is based on different datasets within same project, no?
    Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:41 PM
  • Hello,

Yes.You can try to create all reports which retireve data from cubs you need, and then add these report as subreport in a main report. If you want to display the subreports based on user login, you can sepcify the visibility of subreport based on user login.

For more information, please see:Subreports

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 04, 2013 8:32 AM