none
Import Data from Postgresql to SQL Server 08 Error

Question

• Hi,

I'm kinda crazy with my my little problem and i can't figure it out. I use SQL Import Export Wizard and I tried to import all the tables in my Posgresql Database into my SQL Server. I have already setup my ODBC driver and it successfully locate and preview all the data from my Postgresql database. But when i tried to import it, it displays this kind of error

TITLE: SQL Server Import and Export Wizard
    ------------------------------

Column information for the source and the destination data could not be retrieved, or the data types of source columns were not mapped correctly to those available on the destination provider.

"m_product" -> [dbo].[m_product]:

- Cannot find column -1.

Please do help me guys. I would really appreciate your help.

Best Regards,
    Nethan
    Friday, July 31, 2009 7:43 AM

All replies

• You may find more experts about import/export wizard from the forum:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqltools/threads

Thanks,
    Ming.
    WDAC Team, Microsoft.

Pak-Ming Cheung - MSFT
    Monday, August 03, 2009 2:56 AM
  • Hi,

From the error message you provided, it seems that the cause is the column name you defined in the target tables. In SQLServer, some chars cannot be used as column name directly. For example, -1 in your target table, but it should be [-1] in SQL table.

I suggest that you should change those ambiguous column names in target table and try again.

Thanks.

Microsoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:14 AM
  • i have same problem ... anyone reslove it ?
    Monday, September 14, 2009 10:28 AM