none
Repeat header on new page

Question

• I have a report in rdlc. I have applied repeat header on new page. I have used a sub-report which is part of table row. my problem is when the data of sub-report has so many item and it's data move on next page, page header not repeat on that page. The report is working fine when the complete instance create on the same page. but fail with large sub report data. So please help me how i can overcome from this problem ?
    Saturday, May 04, 2013 5:27 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I can reproduce the issue in my test environment. Genearlly, the subreport is only recognized as one row when the main report is processed and Table Header is generated for each page but some pages might be very long in previewing. For example, when export to PDF or print, these long pages will be split to physical pages with the same size and the Table will not be generated again.

In order to make the Table Header repeated at any rate,please refer to:
    1. Move the contents in the table header to Report Page Header and display in each page.
    2. Merge the contents in the subreport to the main report.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 06, 2013 3:35 AM

All replies

• have you checked the subreport on its own if it is repeating the header on each page or not?

please try to run subreport seperatly and make sure that it displays the header on each new page

Please let me know with the outcome

Ravi

Sunday, May 05, 2013 10:36 PM
  • Hello,

I can reproduce the issue in my test environment. Genearlly, the subreport is only recognized as one row when the main report is processed and Table Header is generated for each page but some pages might be very long in previewing. For example, when export to PDF or print, these long pages will be split to physical pages with the same size and the Table will not be generated again.

In order to make the Table Header repeated at any rate,please refer to:
    1. Move the contents in the table header to Report Page Header and display in each page.
    2. Merge the contents in the subreport to the main report.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 06, 2013 3:35 AM