none
SQL server Unit test - SSDT

Answers

• Do you mean which edition of Visual Studio 2010 SSDT is supported in? This is the same, as far as I know - for unit test support you would need Visual Studio 2010 (Service Pack 1), Professional Edition or higher. 

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:12 PM

All replies

• The documentation on SQL Server unit testing is available here. There is also a good getting started blog post here. I'd recommend upgrading to the most up to date version of SSDT if you haven't already, since unit testing was added in the December release.  
    Thursday, May 09, 2013 5:47 PM
  • hi,

Though i have installed from the link provided above i am not able to find unit test. Can you please help me out.

Thank you

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:13 AM
  • Ah, now I understand the issue. To create unit tests, you need a version of Visual Studio with unit test support installed on your machine. This is because we use the existing C#/Visual Basic unit test support built into Visual Studio. For Visual Studio 2012 you can see the supported versions here - it looks like you need at least a Professional version of Visual Studio. Once you have that, installing the latest SSDT from the download site will add SQL Server projects and SQL Server unit test support to Visual Studio. 
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:32 AM
  • Hi,

Can you tell me which edition the previous visual studio 2012 - SSDT  belong to? I got your point regarding installation of professional edition of visual studio 2012.

• Edited by Alva Prajna Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:54 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:53 AM
  • Do you mean which edition of Visual Studio 2010 SSDT is supported in? This is the same, as far as I know - for unit test support you would need Visual Studio 2010 (Service Pack 1), Professional Edition or higher. 

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:12 PM
  • Yeah got it :)

Thanks for the information

Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:16 PM