none
Error while importing the data in PowerPivot spreadsheet - data with around 4,00,000 rows

Answers

• Hi,

Based on the error message, it appear to me that the cause of the problem is probably insufficient system resources. As we know, PowerPivot is an in memory solution, if you data is too large and wont fit into your current memory you have on your server, I suspect performance will start to plummet. Actually, you can have a check to this assumption, just filter part of the data to import them to PowerPivot to see whether you will have the same error message, if not the assumption is correct.

So here I would give you several suggestion, if you are using 32bit OS, it will be better if you can use 64 bit OS, under 32bits operating system, the maximum the memory addressing space is less than 3 GB. In addition, you can consider to increase the memory for your computer.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:10 AM

All replies

• Any help is appreciated. Is there a way to get error log for the import?
    Friday, January 06, 2012 12:03 AM
  • Hi,

Based on the error message, it appear to me that the cause of the problem is probably insufficient system resources. As we know, PowerPivot is an in memory solution, if you data is too large and wont fit into your current memory you have on your server, I suspect performance will start to plummet. Actually, you can have a check to this assumption, just filter part of the data to import them to PowerPivot to see whether you will have the same error message, if not the assumption is correct.

So here I would give you several suggestion, if you are using 32bit OS, it will be better if you can use 64 bit OS, under 32bits operating system, the maximum the memory addressing space is less than 3 GB. In addition, you can consider to increase the memory for your computer.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:10 AM