none
Change Parameters Location on SSRS 2005

Question

• Hi there, what I'm trying to do if possible is to change the parameter location on the parameter pane on SSRS 2005. I have been re-searching on the web for this topic I found out that there is not possible to do this unless you build your own interface to call the report rdl from it. Well, there is no time for me to do such a thing now. is there any work arounds out there to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Manny

Monday, May 10, 2010 8:05 PM

Answers

• To reorder Parameters In SSRS 2005 You have to go to Report menu and Click on Report Parameters. And you can reorder the parameter over there.

In SSRS 2008 You can find parameters in Report Data. You can reorder Parameter there.

In viewer They will be displayed like

Parameter1            Parameter2
    Parameter3            Parameter4
    Parameter5            Parameter6
    Parameter7            Parameter8

Hope this will be helpful.

--Mark it as Answer if this post helped you.--
    Monday, May 10, 2010 8:55 PM

All replies

• Manny, what you mean by Changing Parameter Location?

Left right Up and Down

You can adjust parameters anyway you want for X rows and 2 Columns for Report Services.
    Monday, May 10, 2010 8:14 PM
  • If you want to reorder the parameters in  your report, you can open the report in View Code... mode and move them around

Be careful though, as you have to know your way around XML and its nuances to get it right!

Good luck

HTH

Naveen

This posting is provided "AS IS", and confers no rights.
    Monday, May 10, 2010 8:14 PM
  • Make sure if there are cascading  parameters, you need to move accordingly. I hope this is what you are inquiring about.
    Monday, May 10, 2010 8:19 PM
  • Sorry for not being clear of the requirements, I need to change the default location on the parameters on the parameter pane in reporting services, I meant reorder the parameters.
    Monday, May 10, 2010 8:32 PM
  • To reorder Parameters In SSRS 2005 You have to go to Report menu and Click on Report Parameters. And you can reorder the parameter over there.

In SSRS 2008 You can find parameters in Report Data. You can reorder Parameter there.

In viewer They will be displayed like

Parameter1            Parameter2
    Parameter3            Parameter4
    Parameter5            Parameter6
    Parameter7            Parameter8

Hope this will be helpful.

--Mark it as Answer if this post helped you.--
    Monday, May 10, 2010 8:55 PM
  • Kishan is correct - that is a much easier way than playing around with XML !

-Remember to mark as helpful/the answer if you agree with the post.
    Monday, May 10, 2010 9:15 PM