none
SQL 2005 Query Analyzer

Question

• I just installed SQL2005 Workgroup edition.  How do I install Query Alayzer to go along with this?
    Friday, March 30, 2007 4:08 PM

Answers

• Query Analyzer does not come with SQL 2005. QA has been replaced with SQL Server Management Studio -a combination of the previous QA and Enterprise Manager.

I don't think that the client tools install by default when you install a server. You may have to run the install again, this time selecting the Client Tools instead of the server.

Then you 'should' have SQL Sever Management Studio on your Programs menu (as well as a few other client tools.)

Friday, March 30, 2007 5:32 PM

All replies

• Query Analyzer does not come with SQL 2005. QA has been replaced with SQL Server Management Studio -a combination of the previous QA and Enterprise Manager.

I don't think that the client tools install by default when you install a server. You may have to run the install again, this time selecting the Client Tools instead of the server.

Then you 'should' have SQL Sever Management Studio on your Programs menu (as well as a few other client tools.)

Friday, March 30, 2007 5:32 PM
  • Many people I know of are even in QL Server 2005 ages more dedicated to the QA, and the good thing is, it even works with the SQL Server 2005 Server. :-)

Jens K. Suessmeyer.

---
    http://www.sqlserver2005.de
    ---

Friday, March 30, 2007 5:41 PM
  • I play around a little bit with the management studio.  I tried running a query there, but every time it said my query was invalid......is there something I am missing as far as conecting to the db first?
    Friday, March 30, 2007 6:58 PM
  • Please post your query and the complete error message.

Without that information, we can't really help you much.

Friday, March 30, 2007 7:08 PM