The permissions granted to user 'domain\admin' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)
I am trying to click on the list of computers and I am getting the above mentioned error. But when I add the user to the local admin group in the server (Just as a test), I was able to view all the report. But my goal is to add the user and give them browser role so that they can just look the reports.
Steps I did -
1. Under the Site Settings, gave the user account - System User permission
2. under the folder settings, gave the user account - Broswer permission
3. Under the specific reports (which they can open) - gave browser permission
4. In SSMS Analysis Server, under the Databases (FEPDW_ABC - Roles - ReportsUserReadRole , added doamin\admin under the Membership)
5. Added the admin user in the FEPDW_ABC DB and added the AN_ReaderRole
Even after this, I am getting the same error, Can you please let me know if I am missed to do something or any other solutions to fix this.
- Edited by mywindows Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:18 PM
This error message indicate the user have no permission to perform this action. SQL Server Reporting Services uses role-based authorization and an authentication subsystem to determine who can perform operations and access items on a Report Server.
Here are some articles for your reference, please see:
Grant User Access to a Report Server: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156034.aspx
If we are using Windows 7 or later, this issue might be caused by the UAC settings. To avoid this, please refer to the similar thread below:
TechNet Community Support
THanks Bin for your response....I have posted here in this link - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/nl-NL/FCSNext/thread/447e3208-555e-4665-bfad-e8653182b223 as its related to FEP...Would you be able to help me in that link please.........