none
Job generates login error

Question

• I have a package which will run in Management Studio.  The package is saved in MSDB.  When I try to set up a job, the step errors out with what appears to be a login error.  I am specifying windows authentication in the job and also used that when creating the package.
    Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Paul,

the reason is security, probably you created the package with a different account than the sql server agent is running.

Solution:

you can create the package with the agent account,

or in the package -> properties -> security -> protectionlevel -> choose encryptsensitivewithpassword en fill in a password.

greetz

http://www.ns-consulting.be

Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:30 PM
  • the package was originally created in management studio using the administrator account.  do I need to set up the SQL Agent as a user?  Is there a book on SQL Server 2005 which walks you through creating a sample solution from start to finish?  I have the Administrator's Consultant and 'Changing the Paradigm' books.  SQL Server 2005 is entirely new to me; I was a dba for Sql Server 2000 before this.

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:24 PM
  • the package was recreated - I changed the encription option to 'Rely on server . . .' and changed the source path from X:\Directory\FileName to \\HostServerName\Directory\FileName.

problem is solved.

Friday, February 17, 2006 3:13 PM