none
Error in the back-end or cube processing

Question

• Can someone assist me on the following error(s)? Thanks...

Executed as user: DDD\SQL11Agent. ... xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/analysisservices/2003/xmla-multipleresults"><root xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-analysis:empty"><Exception xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-analysis:exception" /><Messages xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-analysis:exception"><Error ErrorCode="3238002695" Description="Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3239837698" Description="Server: The operation has been cancelled." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3239116925" Description="Errors in the back-end database access module. The provider 'SQLNCLI.1' is not registered." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3238068224" Description="The following system error occurred:  Class not registered " Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3239182436" Description="Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'vrt55.Appsystem', Name of 'Appsystem'." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3240034316" Description="Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'DDD Change Effort Log', Name of 'DDD Change Effort Log' was being processed." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3240034317" Description="Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Effort Assigned Group' attribute of the 'DDD Change Effort Log' dimension from the 'ITIT' database was being processed." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3239116925" Description="Errors in the back-end database access module. The provider 'SQLNCLI.1' is not registered." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3238068224" Description="The following system error occurred:  Class not registered " Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3239182436" Description="Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'vrt55.Appsystem', Name of 'Appsystem'." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3240034316" Description="Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'DDD Change Effort Log', Name of 'DDD Change Effort Log' was being processed." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3240034317" Description="Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Effort Assigned Support Org' attribute of the 'DDD Change Effort Log' dimension from the 'ITIT' database was being processed." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3239116925" Description="Errors in the back-end database access module. The provider 'SQLNCLI.1' is not registered." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3238068224" Description="The following system error occurred:  Class not registered " Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3239182436" Description="Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'vrt55.Appsystem', Name of 'Appsystem'." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3240034316" Description="Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'DDD Change Effort Log', Name of 'DDD Change Effort Log' was being pr...  The step failed.

Monday, May 09, 2011 7:22 PM

Answers

• > The provider 'SQLNCLI.1' is not registered

It sounds like you do not have the SQL Native client installed correctly on the SSAS server.

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:58 AM

All replies

• > The provider 'SQLNCLI.1' is not registered

It sounds like you do not have the SQL Native client installed correctly on the SSAS server.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:58 AM
  • I have the same problem.  I agree, it sounds that way, but I just legally installed the app freshly downloaded from Microsoft, getting no errors or warnings as I went.  What then does one do about the problem?  My version of the error message was:

Errors in the back-end database access module. The provider 'SQLNCLI.1' is not registered.

I installed SQL Server 2008 r2 with analysis services, etc. I'm running it as localhost and trying to open a database provided on a CD in a book by Microsoft Press. The book is SWQL SERVER 2005 ANALYSIS SERVICES Step By Step.

Tobey
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:47 AM
  • I have the same issue. Did this get resolved?

Thx

Ludwig

Friday, June 17, 2011 5:40 AM
  • I believe that SQLNCLI.1 is the SQL 2005 driver. If you only have SQL 2008 R2 you may not have this provider. Try using SQLNCLI10.1 instead.
    • Proposed as answer by Jenkis Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:52 AM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 7:14 AM