none
SSAS Problems

Question

• Hello 
    I am facing couple of  issues: One  with percentages in SSRS. In SSAS browser the percentages are working neat and clean but in ssrs  when i access a cube in Roll Up's, percentages give ugly results. I have used avg function it gives somewhat closer answers but not accurate. Kindly help me with this issue, i read somewhere[ value/sum(value,data set name)] will do but it dint worked as well.

2nd i sometimes want to show descriptive data in measures to mark some action taken, how can i achieve that

Regards

Asrar

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:30 PM

All replies

• Asrar,

It would be great if you could post the existing MDX.

Please vote as helpful or mark as answer, if it helps
    Cheers, Raunak | t: @raunakjhawar | My Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:11 AM
  • the problem with SSRS is, that by default it calculates the aggregated values on its own, ususally by using SUM-Aggregation

this does not work for percentages of course

if you have built the query using the wizzard, then you can just change the expression of your textbox from =SUM(Fields!Percentage.Value) to =AGGREGATE(Fields!Percentage.Value)

using AGGREGATE()-Function will extend you query to also contain aggregates provided by the datasource/cbue and you should see what you expect

hth,
    gerhard

- www.pmOne.com -

Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:03 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the answer  Mr. Gerhard But

aggregate function works with reports with no filters

but i have many in my report.

Kindly help mate

Asrar

Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Hello Raunak

See i want to take action as Buy, try, send , on the basis of some calculation

which i am putting for each hieararchy

this descriptive action i want to show as measures in cube.

though i tried to show it as dimention even but it repeats for each hierarchy

Kindly Help

Asrar

Friday, April 13, 2012 10:45 AM