none
Exporting SSIS package in SQL SERVER 2008 R2

Question

• We have an SQL SERVER 2008 R2,in which it has two SSIS packages deployed on it.(We do not have access to the SSIS code) and We know that these SSIS packages use Config file for the connecting information.If I export those SSIS packages,How should I behave with their config files?
    I exported SSIS packages to a new server and manullay copied the config files there and changed the server name in them.When I created a job and execute the SSIS packages in new environment,still they point to the old sever(although I have applied the changes on Config file).

A.G

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• You may want to inspect the package opened in BIDS or VS 2008 for the logging setup. There must be a connection manager for the log.

The issue must be here: the package is looking for a config file in a place specified there, does not find it and therefore applies the design time settings.

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:35 PM
  • Thanks for reply,But even when I go to Connection Manager of SSIS package, and change the connection to correct server,Still it points to old server. Also after closing the window(Connection Manager) and open it again,it shows the old server name.

A.G

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:44 PM
  • It still cannot pick the config up

Did you inspect for warnings, it must be stated there.

It gets back presumably if you do not refresh the package e.g. do not save it.

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:51 PM
  • Actually I added a output log,but I did not see any warning .Also, there is check box next to connection in connection Manager,when I checked that checkbox,the job fails with following errors:

Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDB_NOPROVIDER_64BIT_ERROR.  The requested OLE DB provider SQLNCLI11 is not registered -- perhaps no 64-bit provider is available.  Error code: 0x00000000.
    An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components"  Hresult: 0x80040154  Description: "Class not registered".

Description: Failed to acquire connection "TestDB". Connection may not be configured correctly or you may not have the right permissions on this connection.
    End Error

A.G

• Edited by Mourmansk Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:43 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:43 PM
  • See if this setting helps:

Arthur My Blog

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Friday, June 29, 2012 6:15 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 3:54 PM