none
SSRS Report run by SQL Agent job

Answers

All replies

• Abdul,

I m not sure whether i understood your requirement correctly or not. Are you interested in scheduling the ssrs report for your end users via fileshare/Email?

If so, SSRS provides the subscriptions features which will help you acheive the same functionality that we get using the sql server agent.

Pls check this link to get an insight on data driven subscription

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms169673(SQL.90).aspx

Regards, KarthikShanth. "Mark as Answer" if this helps you!

Shanth's techwitz

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Disclaimer: The contents, I write here are my personal views, not the view of my employer and anyone else.
    Friday, June 25, 2010 7:29 AM
  • After creating a subscription in Report Manager the subscription GUID becomes the name of the SQL Job, I wrote the following script to associate the report subscription to the SQL job.

HINT: You may need to change the collation in the script.

CREATE

PROC usp_scheduled_reports

AS

SET

NOCOUNT

on

SELECT

'exec msdb.dbo.sp_start_job @job_name = ' + CHAR(39) + CONVERT(VARCHAR(100),sjs.name COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS ) + CHAR(39) + ' -- ' + c.name FROM msdb.dbo.sysjobs sjs

INNER JOIN ReportSchedule rs ON rs.ScheduleID = CAST(sjs.name AS UNIQUEIDENTIFIER)

INNER JOIN ReportServer.dbo.Catalog c ON rs.ReportID = c.ItemID

WHERE category_id IN (SELECT category_id FROM msdb.dbo.syscategories WHERE name = 'Report Server')

ORDER BY sjs.name

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:39 PM
  • Hi,

What is Repoertschedule table in above query and what should be general columns int it.

if i configure job to execute ssrs subscription multple times by specifying multiple steps in job.

i.e I want to execute one job having multiple steps and each step will execute same report with different parameters.

Friday, June 03, 2011 10:38 AM