none
SSRS 2005: Export Report to Excel - How to Set Worksheet Tab Names

Question

• Hi,

I'm wondering about any SSRS 2005 options that allows me to set the Excel worksheet tab name when the report gets exported to Excel.

I tried to experiment with the group property "Document map label" with the result that I get an addinonal excel sheet "Document map" with

clickable rows representing each group of my report.

Anyone has found a solution for this problem , maybe with the Reports code or Reports/Group Data Output option?

I don't want to use any excel macros.

Many thanks in advance.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:17 PM

Answers

• Hi bvuHH - unfortunately it's not possible to name worksheet tabs in SSRS 2005. That feature was added in the 2008 R2 release. Depending on how criticial it is, you could post-process the excel documents using VSTO, however you would need to create a custom application to do that (either a custom rendering extension or application that proxies a call to report server web service render() method).

-JonHP 

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
    • Marked as answer by bvuHH Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:17 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hi bvuHH - unfortunately it's not possible to name worksheet tabs in SSRS 2005. That feature was added in the 2008 R2 release. Depending on how criticial it is, you could post-process the excel documents using VSTO, however you would need to create a custom application to do that (either a custom rendering extension or application that proxies a call to report server web service render() method).

-JonHP 

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
    • Marked as answer by bvuHH Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:17 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:44 PM
  • Thanks JonHP

beside SSRS 2008 we also have 2008 runing so I managed to recreate my report with SSRS 2008 by setting the pagename property of the

reports GRoup plus setting the page break between the group.

Now when exporting my report to Excel each sheet has the name of the corresponding report group.

Thanks

Bodo

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:17 AM