none
Show/Hide toggle images in run time

Question

• Hi,

Does anyone know how to dynamically show/hide toggle images based on the visibility of sub groups?

I pass a bool parameter to control the grouping levels in my report, but the toggle icons still displayed even the subgroups are hiden.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:48 AM

All replies

• Go to the Visible --> Hidden property of image. Write an expression.
    Use IIF() to write the expression as per your condition to hide or unhide the image.

-- Pushkar

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:01 AM
  • Toggle Image is not an image showing in design time, so I could not find the properties for that images, so I think Pushkar, your solution is for common image we add into the reports, but not for the Toggle +/- images which are created by the reporting service during the run time.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 1:03 AM
  • I am not confirm but for this you need to edit the rdl file xml code. and image.
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:16 AM
  • Hi Lucky,

You cannot add/remove toggle entirely at runtime.

Usually, I would add an additional column. Insert an image like toggle items in this column and let the groups hide/display by this image. Then you could hide this image at runtime.

Hopefully this helps.

Yao Jie Tang -Microsoft Online Community
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 6:29 AM
  • Lucky,

You may check our latest FAQs here, http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/bb37dba9-ab3a-493c-b9e2-60ed7b707f8c

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 12:27 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for all your replies,

To YaoJie,

I am not sure how toggle my added images once the user click on the image like the +/- image.

To Charles,

I followed the instructions on FAQs and added a column to the left of my parent-child columns, like following

|+|Parent-Make

|  |+|Child-Model

|  |   |Grandchild-Sub Model

Then I set the Model group's visibility property, display can be toggled by this report item: to the 1st "+" textbox, and done the same for the subgroup.

Also set the visibility properties of two "+" textboxes to "=Parameters!ShowModel.Value" and "=Parameters!ShowSubModel.Value"

However I got background color blank, and I am not sure how can I setup the data field background color to the Make cell background color, and Model cell ground color, once the |+| textboxes are hidden.

Also the width and height of the added columns to include|+| are randomly re-sized in run-time, how can I fix it?

And how to set dataregion color when the textbox is hidden?

Thanks

• Edited by Lucky Eagle Friday, April 16, 2010 3:53 AM extra problems
    Friday, April 16, 2010 3:44 AM