none
Problem with creating subscription

Question

• Hello all,

I have a one way transactional replication in sql 2008. When I tried to create the subscription from the publisher for the first time, the process got interrupted. Now whenever I try to create a new subscription, in publisher it says that subscription creation is successful but at subscriber I cannot find the subscription in management studio. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Ryan, 

So your replication is working fine and your transactions are being replicated without any problems to the subscriber and on the  subscriber side, you could see the subscribed database in the management studio and verify the transactions are actually being replicated  and on the subscriber  in management studio under Replication folder ---under Local Subscriptions -- you DO NOT see your subscriber. is this the issue??

IF so, try refreshing the local subscriber folder one more time, if you have not done it (right click on the local subscriptions and hit "refresh" option.). do you still do not see it?? I have not had this issue but just confiriming you have done eveyrthing right before troubleshooting further.

Hope it Helps!!

Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:33 PM
  • Well the transactions are not being replicated because of the following error:

"The concurrent snapshot for publication 'db' is not available because it has not been fully generated or the Log Reader Agent is not running to activate it. If generation of the concurrent snapshot was interrupted, the Snapshot Agent for the publication.."

But I think the above error happened because I manually deleted old snapshot files (to free up disk space) and then created the snapshot again before creating the subscription.

I think I need to do the whole thing again. So I am deleting the subscription from publisher and then I will delete the publication and then start again. Please let me know if I need to do anything else to clean up.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:00 PM
  • Right Click on the publication and try "reintializion all subscriptions " and try with new snapshot and select "Generate the new snapshot now" and see how it goes.

Hope it Helps!!

Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:28 PM
  • Sometimes the transaction has not been rolled back successfully. You will need to run dbcc opentran in the publication database to see if this is true.

You might be able to do this command to rollback everything

alter database PublicationDatabaseName set single_user with rollback immediate

looking for a book on SQL Server 2008 Administration? http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Server-2008-Management-Administration/dp/067233044X looking for a book on SQL Server 2008 Full-Text Search? http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Full-Text-Search-Server-2008/dp/1430215941

Friday, March 01, 2013 1:52 AM