none
Direct Query

Question

• When I use Linq engine converts expression tree into SqlText that it sends to SqlServer

On the server side I execute Sql query Engine parses it, compiles it, and runs it.

Why I cant directly send the expression tree to the storage?

May be not for server db , but for in process it should be possible.

any way to do this?

.NET guy
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:17 PM

Answers

• tsadigov,

Your question is related to the SQL Server database engine design. The best way to get a good response is to submit a feedback to SQL Server connect website and let SQL product team know your wonderful ideas if you think that this is really helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, October 17, 2011 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hi tsadigov,

I'll dig into this issue and give an update as soon as possible. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
    Stephanie Lv

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, October 14, 2011 7:57 AM
  • tsadigov,

Your question is related to the SQL Server database engine design. The best way to get a good response is to submit a feedback to SQL Server connect website and let SQL product team know your wonderful ideas if you think that this is really helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, October 17, 2011 8:28 AM