none
Peer_Peer Replication

Question

• I have just created peer to peer replication on couple of test server.

Let's say TestServer1 and TestServer2.

And test database called Test_Peer.

First i have create couple of tables and create new Peer-Peer Replication from TestServer1-> TestServer2.

Publication: TestServer1_Peer_TestServer2_SP1.

My question is, what if i have created new table and want to put them into Peer-Peer replication.

Do i need to create new publication, configure peer-peer technology and also do i need to take backup every time (After creating table) before putting into peer-peer replication?

Thursday, May 02, 2013 10:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please take  a look on this article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms146867.aspx 

I hope it helps.

Janos

There are 10 type of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

My Blog | Hire Me

Thursday, May 02, 2013 10:23 AM
  • That's quite lengthy solution.

Frequently we have to add tables into existing database and this can take a lots of time.

Is there any other solution?

Thursday, May 02, 2013 10:51 AM
  • this is the only supported solution.

Janos

There are 10 type of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

My Blog | Hire Me

Thursday, May 02, 2013 11:14 AM
  • Thanks Janos.

But can i create new publication and put table into newly created publication.

My only concern is when i configure Peer-To-Peer Topology there is one option,

Specify how the new peer databases was initialized.

1) I created the peer database manually or i restored a backup of the original publication databases which has not been changed since the backup was taken.

2) I restored a backup of the original publication database and the publication database was changed after the backup was taken.

Does that mean i have to take backup every time when the the new table is created?

What if i go with first option, does table will be created on subscription as well?

Friday, May 03, 2013 6:13 AM