none
Differences Between SQLEXPRWT_x86_ENU.exe & SQLEXPRADV_x86_ENU.exe???

Question

• By the way thank you all of you who replied my inquieries.

But I have a couple of questions I would like to be answered: What is the difference between SQL Server 2008 Express Editions -- Installation with tools and the SQL Server 2008 Express Editions Installation with Advance Services? And which is the one experts recomend the must?

Thanks again

reboot

Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:59 PM

Answers

• There is a good post on the SQL Express blog regarding this:

What's up with SQL Server 2008 Express editions

Basically the included features are the difference.  WT has Management Studio Added, ADV has Reporting Services Included as well.  The one recommended depends on what you want to do with it.  The core database engine is the same for all.  If you don't need Management studio or Reporting Services, then just install the basic SQL Express Package.  If you want Management studio install the package With Tools, and if you want Reporting Services install Advanced Services.

Friday, October 31, 2008 12:54 AM

All replies

• There is a good post on the SQL Express blog regarding this:

What's up with SQL Server 2008 Express editions

Basically the included features are the difference.  WT has Management Studio Added, ADV has Reporting Services Included as well.  The one recommended depends on what you want to do with it.  The core database engine is the same for all.  If you don't need Management studio or Reporting Services, then just install the basic SQL Express Package.  If you want Management studio install the package With Tools, and if you want Reporting Services install Advanced Services.

Friday, October 31, 2008 12:54 AM
  • Express with Advanced Services includes additional service like Reporting Serivces Express Edition.

We do not recommend one over another. You need to choose per your requirement.

If you just need a database engine, Express edition should suffice.

Friday, October 31, 2008 2:32 AM