none
how to setup sql 2008 sharepoint integrated server on seperate SQL machine

Question

• I just installed SQL 2008 standard on a 64-bit Server 2008 machine that is in a SBS 2008 domain.

I chose to install Reporting services server in sharepoint integrated mode but now I don't know how further. My idea was to install SQL and CRM on a server seperate from the SBS server.

Shoudl I install Sharepoint 3.0 on this machine and then install Reporting Services add-in for sharepoint technologies (rsSharepoint.msi)? What with sharepoint that is already installed on the SBS DC? If I would instead use that one, how does that work?

In the end I want to install CRM4 on the sql server machine and than be able to access it (through sharepoint or otherwise) from mobile devices. 

Now, when I try to open the ReportServer on the CRM machine I ghet following error: 

Reporting Services Error

• The configuration parameter SharePointIntegrated is set to True but Share Point Object Model cannot be loaded. The error was: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' at Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.Server.SharePointServiceHelper..ctor() WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Globals.<>c__DisplayClassf.<CreateInstance>b__e() at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RevertImpersonationContext.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Run>b__0(Object state) at System.Security.SecurityContext.runTryCode(Object userData) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) at System.Security.SecurityContext.Run(SecurityContext securityContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RevertImpersonationContext.Run(ContextBody callback) at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Globals.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName) at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Globals.get_SharePointServicingObject(). (rsSharePointObjectModelNotInstalled)

R.
    • Edited by ruud00000 Wednesday, July 08, 2009 12:52 PM
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 12:48 PM

All replies

• Hello ruud00000,

did you solve this problem?
    I have a similar situation,
    2 servers, one with MOSS and other with SQL Report Server.
    Any advice?

Regards

Carlos
    Saiani
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:49 PM
  • Hello guys i´m having this problem with server 2008 enterprise with sql 2008 installed!
    did some one have the solution for that?

best regards
    Bruno Kober
    MCP-Windows Server 2003
    ECF - Automação Comercial
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:37 PM
  • I'm having the same issue...
    -------------- Bill Ross
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:13 PM