none
SQL Server 2012 - Cannot create an instance of OLE DB provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7302)

Question

• I just installed SQL Server 2012 to test differences and make sure it is ok for my Work.  I may not be a pro at SQL, but I don't see how to add a Link to Jet database on my server.  I have imported Jet Databases, but when going thru the GUI to Link a JET Database I see no Provider for JET.  I am running Access 2003 (I don't like the 2008+ GUI)

I searched an found nothing simular to my issue; at least nothing I understood.  Nothing mentioned how to add Jet db Provider.

I ran a connection string to the Jet Database thru QA:

sp_addlinkedserver 'USGEScrub', 'Access', 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', 'D:\Lead$\SupList\USGEScrub.mdb'

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
    Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc)
    For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&LinkId=20476
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)
    Cannot create an instance of OLE DB provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for linked server "USGEScrub". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7302)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&ProdVer=11.00.2100&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=7302&LinkId=20476

• Edited by Crazyd Monday, June 25, 2012 6:55 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 6:46 PM

All replies

• I can Improt Access 2003 data, but somehow linking to SQL 2012 to Access 2003 I can't figure out.  I know how to do this in previous versions of SQL, but it bewilders me in 2012

Monday, June 25, 2012 9:33 PM
  • I get an error Every time I try I get (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7302).

It's not a permitions issue I have SQL as Local and file is Full Control to Everyone.  The error for that is 3703, but I tried it's solution anyhow.

I can Connect thru 32bit ODBC and get to it, but I'm thinking It's possible that SQL Server installed as 64-bit and only checks the 64-bit ODBC when I try to connect thru an ODBC Connection.  Anyhow I can't access it thru ODBC or JET.

This is the second time I'm asking due to my pure frustration after no answers the first time around without the simple version of the same question.

I can Import and even connect thru Server Explorer; I just can't add it as a Linked Server.

The connection string I tried was

EXEC sp_addlinkedserver
       @server = N'USGEdB',
       @provider = N'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
       @srvproduct = N'OLE DB Provider for Jet',
       @datasrc = N'D:\Lead$\SupList\USGEScrub.mdb';
    GO

and I don't see Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 on the list and would like to use it if that's what I need.  I tried that one and got error 7303.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:29 AM
  • Found almost solution of using 64 bit Access 2010 Driver, but the issue is I have to uninstall my 32-bit version of Office to install it.  I don't own 2010 Office and I HATE Access 2010 GUI.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:43 AM
  • Have you tried to use the solutions for previous versions of SQL? Since SQL Server 2012 was released recently, I resolve multiple issues by using the solutions for previous versions of SQL.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:17 AM
  • When using Microsoft.JET drivers (till office 2003) & Microsoft.ACE drivers (office 2007 & above) the version of office and SQL server must be the same. If not the query will NOT work as it is a limitation.

You can try a work-around.

Uninstall the current version of offfice.

Install AccessDatabaseEngine components (both 32-bit and 64-bit) from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Install office back again

Try running your query

Hope this helps.

NSK

Friday, July 13, 2012 9:38 AM
  • It guess should work when you install the x86 version of SQL Server 2012.
    Friday, July 13, 2012 9:44 AM