none
Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 10053

Question

• O get this error when trying to connect to my database.  About 5 minutes ago it was working fine...seems to go in and out.  We have native client installed in this server as well so not sure why I keep having connection issues.  I tried both Windows Authentification and local sql account, both are very choppy, sometimes works sometimes doesn't.

TITLE: Connect to Server
    ------------------------------

Cannot connect to BG-SQL2005.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 10053)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=10053&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

I am also getting this error when trying to ALTER one of my stored procs :

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:43 PM

Answers

• I can't see your error log. Please also enable sql server traceflag -T4029 when you do the repro. Update the errorlog with latest repro.
    Thursday, December 22, 2005 7:46 PM
  • issue resolved, reinstalled SQL Server 2005 completely

thanks for the inputs!

Friday, December 23, 2005 12:54 AM

All replies