none
SQL Server 2012 Express with Advanced Services will not download

Question

• I have Winodws 7 Professional installed on my machine. I am attempting to download the x86 (32 bit) version. There was a message box that appeared that asked to install an applet from Akamai echnologies, which I researched and learned that it is a media delivery tool. I cannot find it in the list of installed programs on my machine, at the moment. Notwithstanding, the download manager appears and begins the process, then an error message appears stating that the dwonload process was halted. I ran the resumption process with the same error.

Can anybody please tell me what I am missing? I did have previous multiple versions of SQL Server Express installed on this machine. I untstalled most of them with success, but the 2008 R2 (64 bit) will not fully uninstall. I doubt that this has any bearing on the download process.

Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:49 PM

Answers

• You can download it via http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=29062 I don't think you need download manager for that.

Balmukund Lakhani | Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog | Team Blog | @Twitter

• Proposed as answer by Strafe Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by spaLOGICng_2 Monday, April 23, 2012 2:58 AM
    Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:07 PM

All replies

• You can download it via http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=29062 I don't think you need download manager for that.

Balmukund Lakhani | Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    My Blog | Team Blog | @Twitter

• Proposed as answer by Strafe Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by spaLOGICng_2 Monday, April 23, 2012 2:58 AM
    Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:07 PM
  • Hello,

I confirm what was written by Balmukund.

Have a nice day

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.

Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:56 PM
  • I had went to the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/editions/2012-editions/express.aspx, which required the latest version of Internet Explorer. Google Chrome (I know I know) is my default browser. Even though I made several retries using Internet Explorer, it may have erred out because IE is not my default browser?

I am downloading from the link you had provided. It looks like it will take awhile, despite the fact that I am using WIMAX 4g Broadband through Clear. The tower is right down the street. I am sure that it will succeed. In either event, I will keep you posted.

Thank you for the assistance!

William Spang

Sunday, April 22, 2012 10:36 PM
  • Sorry for taking so long to confirm your reply as the answer. I did make my IE as the default browser, the same problem persists. Thank you again for your help.

William Spang

Monday, April 23, 2012 3:01 AM