none
c4.5

Question

• I have learn about ID3 Algorithm sourcecode from code project, and i want to compare with c4.5 algorithm. Does any body have c4.5 source code?

[sory for my bad english]
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 1:27 AM

Answers

• WEKA is an open-source data mining platform so you could get the c4.5 source from them.  It would be interesting for someone to implement c4.5 as a plug-in to SQLServerDataMining

Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:42 PM

All replies

• WEKA is an open-source data mining platform so you could get the c4.5 source from them.  It would be interesting for someone to implement c4.5 as a plug-in to SQLServerDataMining

Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:42 PM

•   BTW, I found the book "C4.5 Programs for Machine Learning" by J. Ross Quinlan - the author of C4.5 - to be a bad book. For instance, I couldn't find the C4.5 algorithm there. You get the ID3 and he comments on changes, but I couldn't find the final C4.5 algorithm there, interestingly enough.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:37 PM
  • Hello, i just read the post by you Gustavo, can you send me the book of "C4.5 Programs for Machine Learning" by J. Ross Quinlan, or can you tell me where i can find it to download it?
    thanks so much
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:23 AM
  • FYI -- Ross Quinlan's page allows download of the C4.5 Release 8 source code: http://www.rulequest.com/Personal/

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:36 AM