none
Oracle -> Sql 2005 replication problem.

Frage

• I'm a consultant, and have been brought into the middle of a replication project.  The client is looking to replicate the database from Oracle to SQL 2005.  I had the replication working last week, but then problems (I don't know the cause, wasn't on site).  But I tried reinitializing the subscription, and the SQL Log Reader Agent status simply sticks at status=Initializing for about 5 minutes.
    After 5 minutes, it comes up with the message:
    Batch processing is in progress. The current batch consists of 205065 commands and 0 transactions. The last transaction was 0x0000000000000000000c, '0x0000000000000000000c'.
    And the commands continue to increase at the rate of a couple thousand a minute.  The distribution Agent isn't running, and I haven't created a snapshot.
     I do believe there were problems with disk space on both the Oracle and the SQL Server, but those have been taken care of.  And the target database is only used for OLAP (at this point).
     I've run the Dist Cleanup Job, removed the Subscription and rebuilt it.  To no avail.  Unfortunately, I don't have a great access on the Oracle side of it.
     Thoughts?
     Bob
    Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2007 14:35

Alle Antworten

• What happened when you rebuild it? Still giving you the same error message? Can you describe more about your environement and replication setup? Did the problem take place before or after re-initialization? Was the Oracle tables being updated when you were generating the new snapshot?

Gary

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Vivek Patle Montag, 5. März 2012 07:57
    • Nicht als Antwort vorgeschlagen Vivek Patle Montag, 5. März 2012 07:57
    Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2007 01:19
  • This is temporary message and finally it should fine. Did you check the records on publisher and Subscriber.

Vivek Patle

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Vivek Patle Montag, 5. März 2012 08:35
    Montag, 5. März 2012 08:35
  • This is temporary message and finally it should fine. Did you check the records on publisher and Subscriber.

Vivek Patle

but this is not real time if you requirement is that.

Vivek Patle Sum Total Systems

Freitag, 16. März 2012 08:36