none
how do you get a report to update after you change it

Frage

• I designed a couple of reports and they were great and everyone loved me.  Then they wanted to make changes and add columns.  I've made the changes in the designer and rebuilt and redeployed the reports.  I can see the updated reports on the website when I'm on the server but when anyone connects through their own browser to view the reports they see last week's version.  We've tried closing the browser and re-opening and then tried shutting down the computer and restarting it.  Still seeing last week's reports.  The data however is updated but nobody sees the extra columns and the grouping from last week still causes the data to show a certain way.  I can't tell everyone in the office to erase browser history every time I change a report so I need a better solution.
    Montag, 11. Februar 2013 21:15

Antworten

• Hello,

The issue may be caused when you specify the processing options with "Cache a temporary copy of the report" or "Render this report from a report execution snapshot". To run the report on demand, please select "Always run this report with the most recent data" options, or refreshed the cache or snapshot on a schedule.

What's more, when redeploy the report, you can specify the "OverwriteDatasets" and "OverwriteDatasource" value to "True" to avoid cache issue.

For more information, please see:Set Report Processing Properties

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2013 08:42