none
Group layout issue

Frage

• Hi, I am using SQL Server 2008 R2. I am grouping on City, MonthYear, County. For instance

City         MonthYear          County

Renton    January - 2013   Kings

Renton   January - 2013   Washington

I would like to report this data as below: 

City      MonthYear         County

Renton January - 2013  Kings

Washington

Not repeating City & MonthYear if the city has many Counties to report on for that month.

Thanks...............

Montag, 11. Februar 2013 22:23

Antworten

• By Default it will not repeat

Create a matrix report with City, Monthyear and County as columns

Ex:

select c.EnglishProductCategoryName,SUM(SalesAmount) sales,s.EnglishProductSubcategoryName,p.EnglishProductName,d.EnglishMonthName From FactInternetSales f join DimProduct p on p.ProductKey=f.ProductKey
    join DimProductSubcategory s on s.ProductSubcategoryKey=p.ProductSubcategoryKey
    Join DimProductCategory c on c.ProductCategoryKey=s.ProductCategoryKey
    join DimDate d on d.DateKey=f.OrderDateKey
    Group by c.EnglishProductCategoryName,s.EnglishProductSubcategoryName,p.EnglishProductName,d.EnglishMonthName

This is my dataset

and this is my report i just pulled category, Month and subcategory

Untill you haven't done this:

http://www.bidn.com/blogs/kylewalker/ssis/657/how-to-create-a-single-column-multiple-group-grouping-in-ssrs

Regards,Eshwar.

Please don't forget to Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful. It will helpful to other users.

Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013 03:15

Alle Antworten

• By Default it will not repeat

Create a matrix report with City, Monthyear and County as columns

Ex:

select c.EnglishProductCategoryName,SUM(SalesAmount) sales,s.EnglishProductSubcategoryName,p.EnglishProductName,d.EnglishMonthName From FactInternetSales f join DimProduct p on p.ProductKey=f.ProductKey
    join DimProductSubcategory s on s.ProductSubcategoryKey=p.ProductSubcategoryKey
    Join DimProductCategory c on c.ProductCategoryKey=s.ProductCategoryKey
    join DimDate d on d.DateKey=f.OrderDateKey
    Group by c.EnglishProductCategoryName,s.EnglishProductSubcategoryName,p.EnglishProductName,d.EnglishMonthName

This is my dataset

and this is my report i just pulled category, Month and subcategory

Untill you haven't done this:

http://www.bidn.com/blogs/kylewalker/ssis/657/how-to-create-a-single-column-multiple-group-grouping-in-ssrs

Regards,Eshwar.

Please don't forget to Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful. It will helpful to other users.

Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013 03:15
  • Thanks Eshwar that helped.
    • Bearbeitet ione721 Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013 17:02 typo
    Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013 15:40