none
Correcting numeric domains?

Frage

• In the DQS client, is it possible to use the "Correct To" column for numeric domains? It isn't working for me, we can correct string domains, but not integer or decimal domains.
    Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012 16:20

Alle Antworten

• DQS power is in identifying patterns and making suggestions and corrections in strings of words. While domains can have numbers and format them with decimal places, you can't do much math with DQS, so its not really something that will be corrected.

Thanks, Jason

Didn't get enough help here? Submit a case with the Microsoft Customer Support team for deeper investigation - http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012 05:18
  • So if I have a string domain that has values "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", and "99", I can specify for "99" to correct to DQS_NULL or "0", but I can't do the same thing if the domain is numeric? I can't say that the domain value 99 gets corrected to 0.
    Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012 05:35
  • Hello,

No, you cannot specify the Correct To value for numeric domains (Integer and Decimal) in the Domain Values tab. This is because the way in which DQS handles the correction behavior.

As you might know, if any value that is projected as error or invalid, the value will be shown as a synonym to a value that is projected as the correct value for the original value. For example:

While marking string values as synonyms is OK, it does not hold true for numeric values. And as such, its not supported.

Thanks,
    Vivek

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012 06:31