none
If cleanse and match some datas twice using the same KB, and similarly the two processes will execute twice or just execute for the first time and skip ??

Frage

• Hi All,

If I have used the DQS cleansing and matching some datas using a  Knowledge Base at the first step.  And then I  just   do  it again, that is , I  cleanse and match the data which have handled at the previous step using the same KB .

Then , what DQS works ?  Just repeat the cleansing and matching processes, or it will ignore and skip these two processes beacuse the KB is the same one and the reslut would be unchanged.

I would like to know whether DQS is intelligent and efficient when it using the KB to cleanse and match without doing repetitive tasks ?  For example, timestamp or other ways to mark whether the database is improved ? 

I really need to make clear that but i have not try it with DQS.    Please help to answer.

Thanks in advance.

Samstag, 20. April 2013 01:16

Alle Antworten

•   Hi Jiejing,

>>>>Then , what DQS works ?  Just repeat the cleansing and matching processes,
           >>>>or it will ignore and skip these two processes beacuse the KB is the same
           >>>>one and the reslut would be unchanged.

DQS will run process again and you will see the same results as at the
           previous step, because your KB was not changed(improved). If you are going
           to collect data for your KB (expend KB), then you should do the following:

1. Create KB
           2. Run Cleanse and Match for you External Data
           3. Import result into EXCEL file
           4. IMPORT DATA FROM EXCEL TO YOUR KB. This will increase data( Knowledge about your data)
           5. repeate steps 2-4 until expected results.

>>>>I would like to know whether DQS is intelligent and efficient when it
            >>>>using the KB to cleanse and match without doing repetitive tasks ?  For
            >>>>example, timestamp or other ways to mark whether the database is improved ?

Well, you see the point is that KB and Cleanse,Match process should be considered as one separate mechanism which helps to normalize data.

External data is a source which should normalized there should not be any kind of timestamps.

Please mark my post as Answer or as Helpful if it helps you

Samstag, 20. April 2013 20:30