none
Instal SQl 2008 Enterprise Evaluation Edition

Dotaz

• download data mining add-in for SQL 2008 and it said to download SQL 2008 Enterprise evaluation edition.  I did that and when I go to launch it says Access Denied when it tells me where it is going to put it.  How do I download the evaluation edition of SQL 2008?  What is the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit?
    8. února 2012 19:54

Všechny reakce

• 1. Are you using data mining add-ins at work? Do you know if there is already SQL Server Analysis Services installed somewhere? If yes and you can get access to it, then you don't have to install SQL Server 2008 Enterprise evaluation edition.

2. You can use either 32 bit or 64 bit version of SQL Server with data mining add-ins.

3. Where do you get Access Denied error?

Tatyana Yakushev [PredixionSoftware.com]

9. února 2012 1:47
  • I get access denied when I try to install after I have downlaoded.  I think it says where I am going to install it and then it says access denied.  I do not think I have analysis services installed on my computer.  how would i find out?  Thanks so much for your help
    13. února 2012 21:17
  • Can you attach screenshot at the time you get the error?

Are you an administrator on the computer?

13. února 2012 21:49
  • How do I attach a screenshot?
    14. února 2012 0:40
  • Put it on some website and send us a link.

Do you have a person in your organization who helps to setup and configure computers?

16. února 2012 4:58
  • Maybe it is because I am trying to install it in a invalid directory.  Where is the best place to install SQL?

Thanks a bunch!

23. února 2012 0:39
  • Alexander,

You can install it at the default location.

Are you an administrator on the computer? If you are not, you will not be able to install it.

23. února 2012 16:35
  • Is Microsoft Access better than SQL?
    23. února 2012 17:47
  • Microsoft Access is not better or worse, it is a different product.

Tell us what you are trying to do.

You started conversation with questions about data mining add-ins. If you want to use them, you do need to have SQL Server Analysis Services.

23. února 2012 21:36
  • Does Microsoft Access have data mining add-ins or a data mining facility?  I want to install a database which I can use to create a database of spreadsheets and other data for stocks.  That way I can mine the data for patterns with the add-ins.  Thanks
    24. února 2012 5:56