none
PowerPivot table loses fields in Values list for fields already in PowerPivot PivotTable after copying PowerPivot PivotTable

Dotaz

• I have had the following error repeatedly:

After creating a PowerPivot Pivot Table, I copy it and place the copied PivotTable on the same worksheet.  I then add a slicer to the second copy.  At some point after this, I later get an error message that AutoSave has been disabled for this workbook.  When I try to save the Workbook manually, I get an error message and am unable to save it manually. 

When I then look at the PowerPivot the Values list in the PowerPivot field list is incomplete (for both the original and the copied Pivot Table), but the fields remain present in the tables themselves.  In the copied table, the field in the Slicer box is not there, but the slicer still works.  This has happened repeatedly, and refreshing the table, or refresh all, does not help. I have tried adding a calculated field to the underlying PowerPivot table, but that does not help either. 

The full field list seems to be present in the Values section of the PivotTable field list under the options menu of the PivotTable Tools tab in regular Excel. When I open the two PivotTable field lists side by side, the Excel one is complete in the Values box, but the PowerPivot one is missing 1/2 to 2/3 of the fields.

I upgraded to version 2 this morning, and this happened this afternoon.  It has repeatedly happened on Version 1 previously.

I'd like to know why I lose the fields, what is happening, and how I can prevent and or repair this.

Thanks

Buzz

8. března 2012 23:10

Odpovědi

• Hi Buzz,

I try to reproduct this issue in local envrionment, but it works very well no matter PowerPivot 1.0 or PowerPivot 2.0, to this kind of issue, I would recommend you insert a new PivotTable from the PowerPivot menu rather than coping the older one. If the issue still exist please feel free to let us know.

Thanks,

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

12. března 2012 2:47