none
SQLXML 4.0 with Service Pack 1 - Do I Need With SQL Server 2008 R2

Dotaz

• I am in the middle of doing a Biztalk Server 2010 install on a developer machine. In the instructions it reads:

SQLXML 4.0 with Service Pack 1  Enables XML support for your SQL Server database and allows developers to bridge the gap between XML and relational data. You can create an XML view of your existing relational data and work with it as if it were an XML file. To install SQLXML 4.0 SP1, see Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Feature Pack (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=189325).

My question is, do I still need to install this if I'm using SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer?  Thanks.

17. října 2010 9:30

Odpovědi

• I would like to leave this answer here in case anyone in the future has this question.

The short answer is yes you still need this with SQL Server 2008 R2, but when I ran the installation it detected that I didn't have it on my machine and gave me the option of either downloading it and then installing it manually or letting it do the download and installation automatically. I elected to have it do everything automatically and everything went fine.

• Označen jako odpověď haydnguy 17. října 2010 23:35
    17. října 2010 23:35

Všechny reakce

• I would like to leave this answer here in case anyone in the future has this question.

The short answer is yes you still need this with SQL Server 2008 R2, but when I ran the installation it detected that I didn't have it on my machine and gave me the option of either downloading it and then installing it manually or letting it do the download and installation automatically. I elected to have it do everything automatically and everything went fine.

• Označen jako odpověď haydnguy 17. října 2010 23:35
    17. října 2010 23:35
  • I found the following on the help page (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171744.aspx):

To allow 32-bit SQLXML applications to run under Windows on Windows (WOW64) on 64-bit Windows operating systems, run the 64-bit SQLXML 4.0 SP1 package, named sqlxml4.msi, which can be found on the Download Center.

I cannot find the file sqlxml4.msi.

Is this the file sqlxml.msi for 64bit version or there is such file - sqlxml4.msi?

Thanks for advice.

17. května 2011 22:12
  • I have SQLXML 4.0 sp1 msi file. i want to install it silently.I don't know the command line parameters. is there any link for the same?

27. února 2012 17:05
  • If the MSI installs without any information (if it takes Next, Next, finish for example), a basic way to silently install an MSI is this:

MSIEXEC.EXE /I name.msi /qn

This will make the install completely silent without any progress bar.  Change the /qn to /qb- for a progress bar.

Vince Janeczko Services Manager 630.926.8601 www.RemoteMGT.com

6. března 2012 22:43