none
Install Issues for PowerPivot for Excel? Read This!

Obecná diskuse

• Potential issues may prevent customers from successfully using the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta and Microsoft SQL Server PowerPivot November CTP. The following information can help you troubleshoot and install PowerPivot for Excel.

If you do not see the PowerPivot tab after you install Office 2010 and PowerPivot for Excel, try the following:

• Load the add-in by clicking File, Options, and then Add-ins. In the Add-ins area, click Manage, select COM Add-ins, and click Go. In the COM Add-ins window, select the Microsoft.AnalysisService.Modeler.FieldList.Addin.Integration check box and click OK.
    • If the add-in still does not appear and you installed Excel 2010 and PowerPivot only, you will need to install Office Shared Tools also. With the Office Beta, VSTO is installed when Office Shared Tools is installed. If this is the situation that you are encountering, you need to uninstall PowerPivot for Excel and Excel 2010. Next, install Excel 2010 and Office Shared Tools, and then install PowerPivot for Excel.

Thank you for trying out PowerPivot and for the feedback!

Regards
    PowerPivot Team

25. listopadu 2009 5:28

Všechny reakce

• I have tried the above with no luch. I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. When I try to load it manually I get this "Load Behavior: Not loaded. A runtime error occured during the loading of the COM add-in". I have installed the Office 2010 beta and PowerPivot, on two 32 bit machines with no issues. Same installs no custom install on any of these computers. I did have the 2010 TP installed on the 64 bit machine and not on the others where it worked. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom
    26. listopadu 2009 23:17
  • I have tried the above with no luch. I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. When I try to load it manually I get this "Load Behavior: Not loaded. A runtime error occured during the loading of the COM add-in". I have installed the Office 2010 beta and PowerPivot, on two 32 bit machines with no issues. Same installs no custom install on any of these computers. I did have the 2010 TP installed on the 64 bit machine and not on the others where it worked. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

I have tried several of the other suggestions on this forum with no luck, This must be a problem with the 2010 TP install and uninstall. Please let me know when it;'s fixed.

27. listopadu 2009 0:12
  • Office 2010 TP (Tech Preview) was published back in May. You cannot use the PowerPivot for Excel Nov download with that version.
    You need to use the Office 2010 *beta* that released last week.

Also, make sure that you install the correct 'bit-wise' versions, i.e. 32-bit PowerPivot w/ 32-bit Office and 64-bit PowerPivot w/ 64-bit Office. That could also be the problem.

Hope that helps.

_-_-_ Dave

Dave Wickert (MSFT)
    28. listopadu 2009 6:14
  • I have the same problem, when I activate the COM Add-In and I close and launch Excel 2010 Beta 64 Bit, I get an error message: Value cannot be null. Parameter Name: Directory

And the COM Add-In unchecks itself, then I go to Manage the COM Add-ins and the load behavior: Not Loaded. A runtime error occurred during the load of the COM Add-in.

I have installed and reinstalled the PowerPivot 64 Bit and also Repair.

The sad part is that I had created already some Excel files with powerpivot which I am able to open and use them, but the PowerPivot does not show on the menu.

Help!

Miguel
    Miguel
    6. ledna 2010 18:52
  • Please check your version of Excel is: 14.0.4536.1000
    And PowerPivot Version is: 10.50.1352.12

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlkjpowerpivotforexcel/thread/5f2895f5-84c1-423f-9c84-abf71ad4184b

Thanks,
    Deva [MSFT]
    Deva
    8. ledna 2010 18:09
  • Deva

The Excel version is exactly the same but I couldnt find the PowerPivot version number.

After following the link you provided, I get the following message:

The common language runtime could not be loaded by C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS Excel Client\10\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.vsto|vstolocal. Contact your administrator for further assistance.

Any ideas?

Miguel
    Miguel
    13. ledna 2010 23:11
  • One other thing you can try is this:
    1. Open Excel and select File->Options->Addins->Manage and select Disabled items in the dropdown.
    2. Click Go and then select:
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.Addin.Integration
    3. Close and reopen Excel.

michele
    18. února 2010 20:02
  • 2010 is a major FAIL from Microsoft. It causes issues on every computer we installed it on. Almost as bad as the update last month that trashed the SMTP server (that we still are unable to fix). Moving to Ubuntu this week.
    24. května 2010 21:09
  • I beg to differ. That said, I have only installed evaluation versions of the 32bit variety.
    mysorian
    2. června 2010 20:40
  • Here is the answer if after installation you cannot see the PowerPivot tab in the menu ribbon.

Go to File/Options/Add-ins

Look under Disabled Application Add-ins - you should see PowerPivot listed there. [If not, you can ignore the rest!]

If so, in the Manage drop-down, select Disabled, then Go.

In the Disabled Items window, select PowerPivot and click the Enable button.

You are not finished yet! Which is why I have bothered to spell all this out ...

You will find yourself back in the Excel Home, so go back to File/Options/Add-ins.

In the Manage drop-down, select COM Add-ins, and Go.

In the COM Add-ins window, tick the box against PowerPivot, then OK.

Now after a short load you should see the PowerPivot tab!

This process is so convoluted, I hope MS Excel team will look at the process flow for Add-ins and make it a bit more user-friendly. It took me several attempts before I found this path through it all. At least add it to the Help items - by the way, PowerPivot is not even listed there.

11. června 2010 14:33
  • Also make sure you have all the six(I think) modeler related dlls in the Microsoft Analysis Services folder as the programs make calls to them via the add-in.

mysorian
    21. června 2010 13:17
  • I'm running Office Professional Plus 2010 on windows server 2008 R2, 64 bit. Excel is Version 14.0.4760.1000  The Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.dll version is 10.50.1600.1

PowerPivot for Excel is listed as Com Add-In. When I bring up the "COM Add-Ins" dialog, the PowerPivot for Excel Add-In is listed but unchecked. Load Behavior is "Load at Startup". If I check it and then click 'ok' and then re open the dialog, it isn't checked anymore, and the Load Behavior says "Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in."

Microsoft Excel
    'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS Excel Client

\10\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.dll' is not a valid Office Add-in.
    P1: 700991
    P2: 14.0.4763.1000
    P3:
    P4:

I tried the "disable items" path but that is empty, there isn't anything in there. This is from my event log.

Customization URI: file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Analysis Services/AS Excel Client/10/Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.vsto
    Exception: Customization could not be loaded because the application domain could not be created.

************** Exception Text **************
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.CannotCreateCustomizationDomainException: Customization could not be loaded because the application domain could not be created. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Could not find the add-in deployment cache file, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTA\Pipeline.v10.0\PipelineSegments.store".  Please run AddInStore.Update or Rebuild (or run AddInUtil.exe on the command line).  Also, ensure your code has permission to read this file.
       at System.AddIn.Hosting.AddInStore.ReadCache[T](String storeFileName, Boolean mustExist)
       at System.AddIn.Hosting.AddInStore.PipelineStateReader(String path, String fileName)
       at System.AddIn.Hosting.AddInStore.GetDeploymentState(String path, String storeFileName, Reader reader)
       at System.AddIn.Hosting.AddInStore.FindAddIn(Type hostViewOfAddIn, String pipelineRootFolderPath, String addInFilePath, String addInTypeName)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.AddInStoreExtensions.FindAddIn(AddInInformation addInInformation, String pipelinePath, Type hostAddInView, SegmentConstraints[] segmentConstraints)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.LoadMafPipeline(AppDomain newDomain, IntPtr hostServiceProvider, AddInInformation info, EntryPoints requestedEntryPoints, OfficeApp officeApplication, OfficeVersion officeVersion, IntPtr& executor)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.CreateCustomizationDomainInternal(String solutionLocation, String manifestName, String documentName, Boolean showUIDuringDeployment, IntPtr hostServiceProvider, IntPtr& executor)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Community Forums Program Manager
    22. června 2010 17:13
  • Problem solved. I had visual studio 2010 installed, after installing the VSTO 4.0 runtime, my problem was resolved.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f4d7a5a1-8ca8-489d-97eb-663a54d609a0&displaylang=en

Why does the powerpivot installar complete succesfully when a critical dependency isn't there? That isn't a question I can answer.

Community Forums Program Manager
    22. června 2010 18:31
  • Hi,

I have tried all of the above without success. I did have Vual Studio installed but recently removed it but have installed VSTO 4.0.

I am running Windows 7 64bit, Office 2010 32bit, MSSQL 2008 64bit.

Having ticked the COM Add-In Excel starts to think and then gives me the following error window. Please help.

Microsoft Office Customization Installer

Installing Office Customization

The was an error during installation

Name: 

From: file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Analysis Services/AS Excel Client/10/Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.vsto

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.GetUserStore(UInt32 Flags, IntPtr hToken, Guid& riid)

at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.GetUserStore()

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore..ctor(ComponentStoreType storeType, SubscriptionStore subStore)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore..ctor(String deployPath, String tempPath, ComponentStoreType storeType)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.get_CurrentUser()

at System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentManager..ctor(Uri deploymentSource, Boolean isUpdate, Boolean isConfirmed, DownloadOptions downloadOptions, AsyncOperation optionalAsyncOp)

at System.Deployment.Application.InPlaceHostingManager..ctor(Uri deploymentManifest, Boolean launchInHostProcess)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.IPHMProxy..ctor(Uri uri)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.get_Proxy()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.GetManifests(TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

31. července 2010 9:09
  • Oh my goodness, thank you so much.  I was fiddling around with this for the entire day.  PowerPivot was working perfectly for me until I accidentally unchecked it from my COM Add-Ins.

I've done the following steps multiple times, but I've never performed them together.  Thank you so much!

19. dubna 2011 17:28
  • I installed office 2010 and powerpivot for excel and I am getting

Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

I am not getting Powerpivot or Microsoft Analysis in disabled addins tool.

I am getting Powerpivot in COM addins and it shows the following error and unselects the option by itself in next excel load

Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A03EC): Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application.get_ActiveChart()
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.ThisAddIn.GetCurrentSelectedRange()
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.ThisAddIn.CheckSelection()
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.ThisAddIn.Application_WorkbookOpen(Workbook Wb)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.ThisAddIn.ThisAddIn_Startup(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Office.Tools.AddIn.OnStartup()
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.ThisAddIn.FinishInitialization()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.EntryPointComponentBase.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.IEntryPoint.FinishInitialization()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.AddInAdapter.ExecutePhase(ExecutionPhases executionPhases)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.AddInAdapter.CompleteInitialization()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Internal.OfficeAddInAdapterBase.ExecuteEntryPointsHelper()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4959 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.v10.0
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 10.0.31117.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.v10.0/10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.v10.0.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
        Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
        Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting.v10.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting.v10.0/10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting.v10.0.dll
    System.AddIn
        Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.AddIn/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.AddIn.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument.v10.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument.v10.0/10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument.v10.0.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.v9.0
        Assembly Version: 9.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 9.0.30729.4130
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.v9.0/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.v9.0.dll
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList
        Win32 Version: 10.50.1747.0 ((KJ_RTM_QFE-CU).101018-1121 )
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Analysis%20Services/AS%20Excel%20Client/10/Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.DLL
    Microsoft.Office.Tools.Common.v9.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Office.Tools.Common.v9.0/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.Office.Tools.Common.v9.0.dll
    Microsoft.Office.Tools.v9.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Office.Tools.v9.0/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.Office.Tools.v9.0.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel
        Assembly Version: 14.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 14.0.4756.1000
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel/14.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Excel.AddInAdapter.v9.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Excel.AddInAdapter.v9.0/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Excel.AddInAdapter.v9.0.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.AddInAdapter.v9.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.AddInAdapter.v9.0/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.AddInAdapter.v9.0.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.AddInAdapter.v9.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.AddInAdapter.v9.0/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.AddInAdapter.v9.0.dll
    System.AddIn.Contract
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.AddIn.Contract/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.AddIn.Contract.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Contract.v9.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Contract.v9.0/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Contract.v9.0.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Contract.v9.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Contract.v9.0/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Contract.v9.0.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Adapter.v9.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Adapter.v9.0/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Adapter.v9.0.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Excel.HostAdapter.v10.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Excel.HostAdapter.v10.0/10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Excel.HostAdapter.v10.0.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.HostAdapter.v10.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.HostAdapter.v10.0/10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.HostAdapter.v10.0.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Excel.AddInProxy.v9.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Excel.AddInProxy.v9.0/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Excel.AddInProxy.v9.0.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Contract.v10.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Contract.v10.0/10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Contract.v10.0.dll
    Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument.v9.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument.v9.0/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument.v9.0.dll
    office
        Assembly Version: 14.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 14.0.4760.1000
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/office/14.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/office.dll
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common
        Win32 Version: 10.50.1600.1 ((KJ_RTM).100402-1540 )
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Analysis%20Services/AS%20Excel%20Client/10/Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.DLL
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Analysis%20Services/AS%20Excel%20Client/10/Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.DLL
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Analysis%20Services/AS%20Excel%20Client/10/Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.DLL
    Accessibility
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    CustomMarshalers
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/CustomMarshalers/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/CustomMarshalers.dll
    Microsoft.DataWarehouse
        Win32 Version: 10.50.1600.1 ((KJ_RTM).100402-1540 )
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Analysis%20Services/AS%20Excel%20Client/10/Microsoft.DataWarehouse.DLL
    WindowsBase
        Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 3.0.6920.5001 built by: Win7RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll

7. července 2011 7:44
  • Hi everybody,

if none of these suggestions work you might also check whether the following registry keys are correctly set:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\14.0\User Settings\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList\Create\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList]
    "LoadBehavior"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList]

I had some cases where I found a dword of 2 (hex) instead of 3 (which seems to be the right value).

Cheers,

Dave
    27. července 2011 11:57
  • Here is the answer if after installation you cannot see the PowerPivot tab in the menu ribbon.

Go to File/Options/Add-ins

Look under Disabled Application Add-ins - you should see PowerPivot listed there. [If not, you can ignore the rest!]

If so, in the Manage drop-down, select Disabled, then Go.

In the Disabled Items window, select PowerPivot and click the Enable button.

You are not finished yet! Which is why I have bothered to spell all this out ...

You will find yourself back in the Excel Home, so go back to File/Options/Add-ins.

In the Manage drop-down, select COM Add-ins, and Go.

In the COM Add-ins window, tick the box against PowerPivot, then OK.

Now after a short load you should see the PowerPivot tab!

This process is so convoluted, I hope MS Excel team will look at the process flow for Add-ins and make it a bit more user-friendly. It took me several attempts before I found this path through it all. At least add it to the Help items - by the way, PowerPivot is not even listed there.

thank you this solved it for me!

21. února 2012 16:13
  • Thanks Michele!  I was working on this a good part of the weekend.  As it turns out, I followed the instructions here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ronpih/archive/2009/11/18/office-14-beta-2-powerpivot-for-excel-ctp3-you-must-install-office-shared-tools.aspx

Thanks, I followed your 3 steps and everything works perfect now!!

Thanks a lot!!

Ryan Shuell

16. dubna 2012 3:27
  • I tried all of the things that have been suggested to no avail so I thought I'd uninstall Excel to start from scratch. In doing so I found a rather obscure feature had not been installed as part of Excel. This feature is called .NET programmability support. I had seen in the system requirements that a .NET add-in was required so putting 2 and 2 together I thought I would try it. Guess what PowerPivot now appears. Yahoo!!
    1. května 2012 7:51
  • It appears if you install the SQL 2012 edition you can get this error.

I removed it and searched for the older powerpivot download (Version SQL 2008 R2) and it was fine after first install.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7609

Another happy user left the helpdesk :)

21. srpna 2012 15:21
  • Thank you so much. I´ve been trying days for a solution. This solved the problem.
    27. listopadu 2012 19:38
  • Worked perfectly!  Thank you. GWS65.   I realize this is an old post, but I didn't have the problem until now :)
    • Upravený SycoDuck 6. března 2013 18:37
    6. března 2013 18:37
  • That fixed my problem!!!  Thanks.
    23. dubna 2013 14:15
  • experience the following and see soultions below;

Issue / errors

PowerPivot for Excel is listed as Com Add-In. When I bring up the "COM Add-Ins" dialog, the PowerPivot for Excel Add-In is listed but unchecked. Load Behavior is "Load at Startup". If I check it and then click 'ok' and then re open the dialog, it isn't checked anymore, and the Load Behavior says "Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in:

solutions 1: installing VSTO 2010 and visualc++ 2010, this addressed the "not loaded" errors

solutions 2: once that is done the add-ins will not load automatically when starting excel, setup VSTO error display under system environment variables "VSTO_SUPPERSDISPLAYALRTS" = 0, its turn out i have another com add-ins that are conflicting with PowerPivot.

• Upravený kev88vin 14. května 2013 14:45
    14. května 2013 14:44
    1. Sorry to open up an old forum - but thought I'd share my fix.

PowerPivot version: 11.1.3129.0 (x64)
    Office pre-requisites installed.

PowerPivot installed under an Administrator account.

Symptom:

PowerPivot add-in succesfully loads under the admin ID but does not appear for any non-admin user.

PowerPivot add-in does not appear under the Options-> Add-ins -> Manage Com Add-ins

Solution:

Logon as the non-admin user - query the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\office\excel\Addins

If it exists it should list the folllowing key: Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList

If the key exists - then this is not your problem.

If the key does not exist you will need to create it.

• Backup your registry. There are many Microsoft links that will show you how to do this.
    • Copy and paste the following into a text file.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList]
    "Description"="Microsoft SQL Server PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel"
    "FriendlyName"="PowerPivot for Excel"
    "Manifest"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Analysis Services\\AS Excel Client\\110\\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.vsto|vstolocal"
    "CartridgePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Analysis Services\\AS OLEDB\\110\\Cartridges\\"

• Save the file with .reg extension.
    • Import the new registry key into your user profile.
    • Launch Excel - the Plug-in should now launch

25. března 2014 22:44
  • Thanks! It really works out for me!!
    23. července 2014 8:47