none
Relationship dies and slicers on worksheet become unlinked

Dotaz

• Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this.  I have an issue where the relationship between two tables in power pivot all of a sudden stop working.  What I mean by not working is that the sliders I use in my pivots no longer allow for filtering of the data.

Table 1: SQL Server 2005 Data Connection
    Table 2: Azure DataMarket: DateStream (BasicCalendarUS range 2011-2013)

Relationship is between: SubmittedDate and DateKey

In the Excel workbook I setup a PivotTable with slicers off of Table 2 and it worked like a charm. As soon as I made an adjustment to Table 2 in PowerPivot ie data refresh or update the date range string the relationship no longer worked. The relationship is still there but the slicers on the PivotTable no longer work.

To fix this I had to delete the Table 2 connection and relationship.  I then added the connection back and recreated the relationship. This is a lot of backtracking.

My questions: Why does this happen?  How do I avoid this?  Is this a bug or just something I’m doing?

Thank you again!

6. března 2012 0:27

Odpovědi

• can you check if your slicer is still connected to the pivot table? right click your mouse on the slicer and select "pivottable connections" and if the pivottable is unchecked, check it and it should work.

Probably when adjusting your table 2, you somehow deleted and recreated table 2? Not really sure what happened there.

HTH,

Chu

-- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

10. března 2012 1:32

Všechny reakce

• Hi,

May be slicers  contained the data which got updated later when you refreshed the second table. In that case you will get a warning at the top of field list area specifying like "refresh the pivot table because undelying power pivot data updated". If you click on it it automatically adjusts the data based on underlying power pivot data. It might be the problem you had as per my understanding.

==========================

Please mark as answer if helpful

6. března 2012 4:58
  • Thank you for the reply. That does come up and when I click it the slicer doesn’t reconnect. I even go back to Table 2 in PowerPivot and refresh the connection go back to the Excel Pivot and click the refresh (in the PowerPivot Field List) and still shows no relationship.

Slicers Vertical from Table 2 that are inactive:

• Year
    • Month
    • Day of Month
    6. března 2012 17:32
  • Can you see the relationship after downloading the workbook?

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

8. března 2012 6:36
  • can you check if your slicer is still connected to the pivot table? right click your mouse on the slicer and select "pivottable connections" and if the pivottable is unchecked, check it and it should work.

Probably when adjusting your table 2, you somehow deleted and recreated table 2? Not really sure what happened there.

HTH,

Chu

-- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

10. března 2012 1:32