none
Aligning two entities in MDS

Dotaz

• Hi,

I need to align the data present in two different SQL Server tables. I think to create two different entities in the same model, fe Customers_1 and Customers_2. I need to create a 3rd table has the unique version of truth, merging the source tables (or entities) following some rules.

How can I solve/manage this issue with MDS (2008 R2 or 2012)?

Thanks.

24. února 2012 14:53

Všechny reakce

• Create -

Entity1 as table1

Entity2 as table2

Add Entity 3 which contain domain attributes linking the coloumns of entity1 and entity2

28. února 2012 4:07
  • Hi Anup, thanks for your reply.

I haven't understand how you merge Entity1 and Entity2 to obtain Entity3. The join between entities (tables) should be at row level and not at column level, isn't it?

Thanks

28. února 2012 9:42
  • I am not sure if I understand ur question well but my approach is to

Entity1                                                                      Entity2

Code        Employee                                           code             ID

1             Mic                                                       1               10577

Then Let say I create an entity    -

Entity3

Code    Employee (Domain attribute parent is Entity1-EMployee)     ID (Domain attribute parent is entity2-ID)

-----     --------------------------------------------------------------       ---------------------------------------------

1                                        MIC                                                        10577

This is what we get from MDM side. I am sure if its as per your requirement.

29. února 2012 9:15
  • Hi Anup, in your example to put Employee and ID as columns for Entity3. This is a mistake. Entity3 should be the merge or the union of Entity1 and Entity2. I need to have Entity3 because inside MDS I cannot matching directly two entities in order to align data between them, so I need to create a merged entity.

Thanks

29. února 2012 10:18