none
import export

Dotaz

• I use import export application to import Excel 2012 spreadsheet in to my SQL Server Express 2008 R2.

I understand that I can not save import to use for next time.

I just realized that the Excel spreadsheet must create new table and import.

I just wonder can I import a spreadsheet in to a table exists.

Your  help and information is great appreciated,

inung

4. března 2012 21:40

Odpovědi

• That might be a restriction of Express, normally you should be able to save it as an ssis package.

If you find this helpful, please mark the post as helpful,
    If you think this solves the problem, please propose or mark it an an answer.

Please provide details on your SQL Server environment such as version and edition, also DDL statements for tables when posting T-SQL issues

Richard Douglas
    My Blog: Http://SQL.RichardDouglas.co.uk
    Twitter: @SQLRich

• Označen jako odpověď sourises 17. března 2012 18:34
    5. března 2012 10:46

Všechny reakce

• Yes, you can import to existing table as long as table data type and excel values are compatible.

When you run import export wizard, instead of "new table" suggested by the wizard you need to select your existing table (this option is available when you select  destination table  by clicking on destination table and expanding the dropdown in the wizard.

4. března 2012 23:23
  • That might be a restriction of Express, normally you should be able to save it as an ssis package.

If you find this helpful, please mark the post as helpful,
    If you think this solves the problem, please propose or mark it an an answer.

Please provide details on your SQL Server environment such as version and edition, also DDL statements for tables when posting T-SQL issues

Richard Douglas
    My Blog: Http://SQL.RichardDouglas.co.uk
    Twitter: @SQLRich

• Označen jako odpověď sourises 17. března 2012 18:34
    5. března 2012 10:46