none
Your SQL Server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with...

السؤال

• Hi

I have installed SQLExpress. Whenever I boot my PC (XP Pro SP2)  I get the following error just prior to logon: "Your SQL Server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with (Error generating instance ID from name). Please uninstall the re-run setup to correct this problem."

I have now uninstalled and re-installed twice with no success. SQLExpress seems to be running fine, just this worrying message all the time.

Any help will be gladly appreciated.

Larry_t.

17/ذو القعدة/1426 05:32 ص

الإجابات

• I found a suggestion for this issue on the web.  Feel free to check it out and see if it applies in your situation.

<snip>

You can try using the windows installer cleanup utility.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

The problem with using it is that it will remove the program entry in your add/remove
    programs in the control panel.  You'd need to re-install the app to get it back in
    that list.  It'll take care of that annoying installation problem though.

</snip>

Thanks,
    Samuel Lester (MSFT)

04/رجب/1427 04:50 ص
    المشرف

جميع الردود

•  

Hi,

I've seen this before after changing the computername. You can re-run sql setup and choose Advanced / registry rebuild.

08/ذو الحجة/1426 12:09 م
  • Thanks will try that.
    09/ذو الحجة/1426 06:16 ص
  • I have the same message on boot-up and can't get past it -even safe mode won't bootup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message is:

Your SQL Server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with ...

18/صفر/1427 08:05 م
  • I found a suggestion for this issue on the web.  Feel free to check it out and see if it applies in your situation.

<snip>

You can try using the windows installer cleanup utility.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

The problem with using it is that it will remove the program entry in your add/remove
    programs in the control panel.  You'd need to re-install the app to get it back in
    that list.  It'll take care of that annoying installation problem though.

</snip>

Thanks,
    Samuel Lester (MSFT)

04/رجب/1427 04:50 ص
    المشرف
  • I am having exacly the same problem. I can't get past boot-up, even in safe mode.

Thus if you did find any solution to this, I would be happy if you could share.

Thanks!

19/شعبان/1429 12:13 م
  • Can you tell me where I go to re-run sql setup?  Thanks

27/رمضان/1429 09:20 م
  • Hi,

I am facing weired issue of SQL Express 2005 over Windows XP SP2. I get XP OS crashed when I do following steps.

1 Install SQL Server Standard 2005 on XP SP2 with all the components.
    2 Simply Uninstall SQL Server Standard 2005. This will leave some SQL Server related files and registry entries even after successful uninstallation.
    3 Now, install SQL Server Express 2005 on the same machine. During installation of Database Services component, the installation fails and OS reboots with crash. I can get logged in to XP but it just goes on reboots with following exception.

"Your SQL Server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with (Error generating instance ID from name). Please uninstall the re-run setup to correct this problem."

I cannot even go to Control Panel to remove any programs. I tried using Registry cleaner, Win Installer Cleanup Utility after Step 2, but nothing worked for me. Please suggest the solution.

Thanks,
    gdhar
    gaims1@live.in

02/ربيع الثاني/1430 07:16 ص