none
Problem Loading Page

Question

• Downloaded VS Orcas B1 + 1.1alpha SIlverlight and I'm trying to run the TestPage.html sample

but I get Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Documents.

Is it tripping over the first space in the URL?

I have my project files under /C:/Documents and Settings/username/and so on.

[Update] - Copied my projects folder to C:\projects and now it works.

So I close the project, exit VS and restart VS and open the project again.

Now when I try to Start without debugging, I get an error dialog that says:

"You need to select a page from your project to debug"

[Update] - Figured this one out - setting TestPage.html as the Start Page didn't work but if you simply edit the TestPage.html it seems to work -

at least it now gives the first error above again.

???

Dave

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:55 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem and would really like to see an answer here!  One difference that I noticed is that if you run a "Silverlight Project" from VS Orcas it tries to navigate to a file path, whereas if you run an ASP.NET project it starts the local web server and navigates the browser to http://localhost/MyProject.  So, how can we make a Silverlight project know that it needs to launch through the local web server instead of just navigate to a file path?

Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:49 PM
  • It would still be nice to get an answer here, but my workaround is to open the project as if it were a web site.  This fixes most issues but it still doesn't explain why creating a new Silverlight project doesn't cause run to work as expected. 

Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:16 PM