none
Asking to install Silverlight after it is already installed

Question

• I have been a Netflix member for some months now and watch movies regularaly on my PC after having downloaded Silverlight when I first joined Netflix. I started watching a movie last night and then went to Netflix today to finish watching the movie and have been asked to download Silverlight after clicking on watch now. I went ahead and clicked on install thinking somehow Silverlight became uninstalled on my computer. However, the install would not complete and the message said that it was already installed. Went back to try to watch the movie again and was again given the Install screen for Silverlight. At this point I called Netflix and was told that it is a Silverlight issue and that I need to get with Micrsoft and they gave me this website link. So, now I am at the website that Netflix sent me to and find that I cannot call anyone and need to use a forum instead. I just want to watch a movie. What do I need to do?

Saturday, August 01, 2009 9:23 PM

Answers

• i'm having the same problem. I did a drive upgrade 2 weeks ago and not sure if that could be part of the problem. but if your getting the same thing maybe it's nothing to do with the new drive..

got it to work!!  installed windows install clean up. found silverlight on the list and removed it then reinstalled and it worked!!

Sunday, August 02, 2009 4:15 AM

All replies

• In the internet explorer options on the programs tab press the manage add ons button.  Make sure Microsoft Silverlight is enabled.

Saturday, August 01, 2009 9:44 PM
  • In the internet explorer options on the programs tab press the manage add ons button.  Make sure Microsoft Silverlight is enabled.

Thanks for the tip. I did check as you suggested and found that it is there and marked enabled. So, then I thought I should uninstall it and reinstall. However, I get a message that says"The installation source for this prduct is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it". Do you think I should disable and then enable Silverlight in the manage add ons?

Saturday, August 01, 2009 9:56 PM
  • It could not hurt to try.  what does it say when you visit this page?

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx

Saturday, August 01, 2009 10:16 PM
  • It gives me the option to Install the Silverlight plug in. So i thought I would try that. Then got this message:

The version of Microsoft Silverlight you attempted to install is already Iinstalled.

If you need to reinstall Silverlight, you should uninstall Silverlight before attempting to reinstall it.

I have already attempted to uninstall and that won't work either. This is really weird.

Thanks for trying to help.

Saturday, August 01, 2009 10:35 PM
  • i'm having the same problem. I did a drive upgrade 2 weeks ago and not sure if that could be part of the problem. but if your getting the same thing maybe it's nothing to do with the new drive..

got it to work!!  installed windows install clean up. found silverlight on the list and removed it then reinstalled and it worked!!

Sunday, August 02, 2009 4:15 AM
  • OK. Sounds like a plan. Did you lose anything when you installed the utility? I mean any important applications?

Sunday, August 02, 2009 11:29 AM
  • no
    Sunday, August 02, 2009 2:42 PM
  • I’m also getting the same issue with Google Chrome. But it’s very rare. Not easy to reproduce. If I shift from one menu to another or switch between two pages very quickly, it shows "Install Silverlight" even Silverlight is already installed. Any idea how to fix this issue?
    Thursday, October 01, 2009 4:34 AM
  • I got the same trouble " Silverlight already installed" then the plug in asking me to install Silverlight:

I found a workaround solution:

I entered Regedit and I serched for Silverlight.

When I found the right key indicating the version (in my case 3.0.xxx) I corrected it to 2.5.xxx.

then I started to install it again and it did it!

Now it works (I cheated it)

Hope it fixed for you

Monday, December 14, 2009 2:43 PM

You grabbed the wrong end of the wrong shark, Ken. Silverlight is enabled.

Silverlight Installed, Windows 8 Xbox keeps aggressively prompting to install Silverlight. Running Silverlight install, Xbox popup proclaims, "THIS VERSION OF SILVERLIGHT IS ALREADY INSTALLED". Close the obvious proclamation, and Xbox throws back another "INSTALL SILVERLIGHT TO CONTINUE". Naturally, colorful in Windows' Xbox 'rendition' of IE10 (lil top-left blu sl in huge white window).

Better yet, Xbox wants me to REJOIN Music Pass. and in equal measure to Silverlight nonsense throws out 0xc1010094 (0xc1010094) spangles from East to West.

Oddly, neither Silverlight proclamations, nor 0xc'rs show any active process in the default left screen drag-down panel of running apps. Hmmm. Is Windows hacking Windows? Or is someoneie wif a lil sl on a BIG WHITE SCREEN hacking windows?

Feed that to the sharks!

Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means, Time held me green and dying Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:42 PM